StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing some active CFD comms today, all on TG's that add up what was north tacs on the old system. Also picking up a new TG, 3999, it's been nothing but locution dispatch tests so far, moving up the list of trucks. Maybe a new TG for hall tone-outs.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Hearing tones and synthesized voice dispatching CFD on TG 3999.
Yup, they are moving up the list and doing a test tone-out for each truck. That TG doesn't add up to any on the old system. I'm hoping this channel ends up being used for all tone-outs now, so we can actually hear the calls being dispatched.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
I think CFD has done some channel shuffling, which is going to cause some of these new channels to not be the same as the ones in the old system. I've noticed that 3902 seems to be being used as a tac, but we have listed it as A1 Fire Ops, because of the x16 thing. Also heard a unit calling dispatch on 3009, which we have as F14 (fire support).

smason

I think CFD has done some channel shuffling, which is going to cause some of these new channels to not be the same as the ones in the old system.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of changes until this all settles.

Regarding this talkgroup:
Corporate Security Division Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
650 28a D Corp Sec 1 Law Department - Security Operations Ch. 1
The description is pretty vague.
I had never noticed it before, but sitting in Search Mode I've heard it a few times. Seems to be City Hall. Have heard mention of council chambers, and the Mayor's duress alarm. Anyone know what this really is?

mciupa

Regarding this talkgroup:
Corporate Security Division Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
650 28a D Corp Sec 1 Law Department - Security Operations Ch. 1
The description is pretty vague.
I had never noticed it before, but sitting in Search Mode I've heard it a few times. Seems to be City Hall. Have heard mention of council chambers, and the Mayor's duress alarm. Anyone know what this really is?

From their website, it describes what they are responsible for: Corporate Security

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Heard some chatter on 3993 this afternoon, was Calgary fire dispatch talking to station 116 (Chestermere). This is a new channel and doesn't correlate to any TG's in the old system. Perhaps a new C16? Will keep an ear on it, hopefully, someone mentions what the channel is.

mciupa

Heard some chatter on 3993 this afternoon, was Calgary fire dispatch talking to station 116 (Chestermere). This is a new channel and doesn't correlate to any TG's in the old system. Perhaps a new C16? Will keep an ear on it, hopefully, someone mentions what the channel is.

I want to add this talkgroup but need confirmation of a proper description.

smason

Added to several scanners, and set to record on my 996P2.
Actually, I have a couple of recordings from an ID search.

Heard:
Engine 116, rescue 117 dispatched to 115 Westlake Passage.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
My best guess so far, judging by what's been heard is that its C16, Rural Dispatch. A16 is Rocky View dispatch (and on AFRRCS) and Chestermere (116/117 apparatus numbering) isn't part of Rocky View.

Last edited:
Took a few well deserved vacation days off /extra long weekend, and been programming the P25 Phase 2 freqs. into the Whistler TRX-1 and the programming was a breeze but under the different sites it is asking for Data Decode.

Thresholds LOW: & HIGH (I have the LOW set at 80 and the HIGH set at 95)
I just inputted random numbers . It seem to receiving radio traffic from Site 11 only, even when mobile in the Springbank or Chestemere areas.

Is this normal for it to stay on just one site ? Just curious are these Data Thresholds optimal settings ?
I reside in the Signal Hills area and even though I can see the Broadcast site tower from my backyard the signal always locks on Banker's Hall site, so I just wondering I need to adjust the Data Threshold differently?

Any advice will be appreciated!! Now back to my vacation days :cool:

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Just heard Cochrane dispatched out on TG 3996, also new. Not sure what this channel will be. I assume this one, along with 3993, are rural dispatch channels. Maybe Rural East and Rural West?
It would align with new Rural Tac's I heard before this new system.

smason

I think two of the Transit TGs - 633 and 634 are encrypted.
634: I've heard on my PSR600 and seen in Unitrunker and I'm fairly sure are encrypted.
633: (CPIC checks) I haven't seen yet, but its equivalent on the Motorola system was DE.
It just came up in Unitrunker. P4 so still encrypted.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
I think two of the Transit TGs - 633 and 634 are encrypted.
634: I've heard on my PSR600 and seen in Unitrunker and I'm fairly sure are encrypted.
633: (CPIC checks) I haven't seen yet, but its equivalent on the Motorola system was DE.
It just came up in Unitrunker. P4 so still encrypted.
I also have 635 and 649 as Transit, haven't heard much on either if anything. Might be encrypted as well. Neither has associated channels in the old system.