Delaware County - Now Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

16b

Premium Subscriber
At about 1:20pm today (Monday), Delaware County Central Dispatch told all units to switch to 800MHz for testing.

As far as I can tell, all county agencies are now on this system. This includes the city of Delaware public safety, the county sheriff's office, local police departments (including Powell), and all county fire operations. Central dispatch simulcasts on 154.190 for station alerting, and since nobody has figured out a way around it, I would assume that it will continue indefinately. It seems as though all fire departments that are dispatched through the county have their own talkgroup for fire runs, and there are countywide EMS channels used for EMS runs (both for the county medics and township medics).

All talkgroups so far seem to be in the 10xxx range.

So far:
10002 - Sheriff
10003 - Sheriff
10004 - Sheriff
10011 - Some jail
10018 - Delaware city PD
10023 - Delaware City PD Admin
10025 - Powell PD
10026 -
10039 - County Fire Dispatch
10044 - EMS 1
10057 - Delaware city FD
10060 - Delaware City Fire/EMS - Tac 2
10070 - BST&G Fireground
10082 - Grady Memorial Hospital ER
10089 - Orange Fireground
10107 - Radio technicians

Last edited:

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
They are still simulcasting on the VHF dispatch channel, but are being told to go to EMS-1, not the VHF TAC-Channels. :)

16b

Premium Subscriber
The audio at my location sounds terribly choppy. I fear that it is the simulcasting messing up the scanner's ability to decode. I am practically underneath one of their towers so I don't understand this too well (unless the tower isn't in use yet).

jkm

16b said:
The audio at my location sounds terribly choppy. I fear that it is the simulcasting messing up the scanner's ability to decode. I am practically underneath one of their towers so I don't understand this too well (unless the tower isn't in use yet).

I've been listening here in NW Columbus and it's very very choppy here as well. I took the scanner for a ride up into Delaware County and it gets mcuh better once you get within 2 miles of the county line (on US-23 and Sawmill Rd), and inside of Delaware County it's rock solid. Here near Henderson Rd, I get between 50-75% of the transmissions (quite a bit of multipath on the control channel with 2-3 bars on average on the 396), but driving a short distance up to the OSU airport it gets pretty solid (little multipath and 5 bars consistently). I think one of the sites is at the tower on Lazelle Rd behind the fire station, so that's probably where we here in Franklin County are getting the majority of the action.

Thanks too for the listing of talkgroups, the activity has really increased on there starting this morning. I'm not sure if the posts I made with other talkgroups from the thread that vanished can be resurrected, but it they could, it would be great to add those entries to your list and have a great starting point for posting the system to the site.

Also, although sparsely active last week, the following talkgroups have really picked up activity dramatically today:

They seem to be Del Co SO, but I can't tell what the difference is between the talkgroups, maybe someone on here is better able to figure that out than I am :)

Justin/W1IX

16b

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Justin. I will update my first post with all of the talkgroups that we know so far until the information gets in the database.

jkm

Here are some additional confirmed talkgroups to add to the list:

10023 - Delaware City PD Admin
10060 - Delaware City Fire/EMS - Tac 2
10082 - Grady Memorial Hospital ER

There are a boatload more talkgroups in use, but I do not know their uses. The ones above I heard people on the frequencies announce ("this is <unit> on City Admin") or ("EMS <xx> to Grady ER")

Justin/W1IX

jkm

FPO703 said:
Any additions can be submitted to the RR Database.

I would be happy to do that, except I think I'm doing something wrong at my end :(.

I've tried to submit the Anderson Concrete Motorola system through the Submit Info link twice (once back in April and again in May), and also a radio remote link frequency for WNCI (97.9) back in May and I don't see them posted, so I must not be doing this right. :( It's strange because the system said that it accepted my submission, but yet nothing ever appeared, is there an additional step I need to do after it tell me this?

And I know something I must be doing something wrong here because the City of Westerville Public Schools LTR system was entered in the system. By my guesses since that system was found a month after I posted Anderson Concrete the first time, my entry would have been somewhere in the queue before that one. Is Anderson Concrete on here and I'm just looking in the wrong place?

I'm not very good with how to use these forums, I'm still pretty new to all of this so any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your help, Happy Scanning! :)

Justin/W1IX

FPO703

It may have been that one of the DB Admins hasn't had time to enter the data from your submissions. I know that some DB Admins don't like to put the Remote Link frequencies in to the DB for whatever reasons.

For the additions that you have for the DelCo system, please, submit any changes/additions that you may have.

cann1995

Premium Subscriber
Here is a list of all the Fire Talkgroup Names. I don't have the codes to go with each of them.

Central Dispatch, EMS 1, EMS 2, Rescue, MedFlight,
Concord FG, Concord Tac 1, Concord Tac 2, Radnor FG, Radnor Tac 1, Radnor Tac 2, Scioto FG, Scioto Tac 1, Scioto Tac 2,
BSTG FG, BSTG Tac 1, BSTG Tac 2, Harlem FG, Harlem Tac 1, Harlem Tac 2, Porter Kingston FG, Porter Kingston Tac 1,
Porter Kingston Tac 2,
Genoa FG, Genoa Tac 1, Genoa Tac 2, Liberty FG, Liberty Tac 1, Liberty Tac 2, Orange FG, Orange Tac 1, Orange Tac 2,
Ashley FG, Ashley Tac 1, Ashley Tac 2, Berlin FG, Berlin Tac 1, Berlin Tac 2, Tri FG, Tri Tac 1, Tri Tac 2,
City Dispatch, City FG, City Tac 1, City Tac 2, Prevention 1, Prevention 2, EMA 1, EMA 2, EMA 3,
Special Ops 1-9, Event 1-4, SO/FD Nort, SO/FD South, PD/FD 1, PD/FD 2, Fire Investigation,
9-1-1 Admin, Fire Admin, EMS Admin, EMA Admin, Grady.

FPO703

Thanks, Tom & Kevin. You guys are an outstanding team of radio geeks. :)

Now, if there were more True P-25 systems in Ohio. :)

nbcsquire

Using the BCD996T

I'm using a BCD996T and getting very poor reception in the near Riverside Hosp.
I've also got a BC796D with an antenna 200' in the air in the same location and there's not much difference.

I really thought I should be able to hear this system...

Any ideas?

16b

Premium Subscriber
Given the simulcasting, I think reception outside of Delaware County (and some places inside it, I would imagine) is going to be hit-or-miss. As I said before, I am quite close to one of the transmit towers (a few miles away, maybe), and I am getting absolutely terrible reception.

The nature of simlucasting is such that a really good antenna setup on a really tall tower isn't always the best thing. I would suggest playing with random antenna setups just to see if you can get anything useful.

16b

Premium Subscriber
The law enforcement section of the database isn't 100% correct. It lists 10003 as local police west, and 10004 as local police east. There are no such talkgroups. 10004 is CO PD Dispatch, which is for all of the local departments, just like 154.815 used to be. I have confirmed this by hearing Genoa (600 units), Sunbury (900 units), and Shawnee Hills (100 units) all on 10004. 10002 is SO Dispatch 1 and 10003 is SO Dispatch 2.

I am working on adding *all* of the ID codes for the law enforcement list. It will be here soon, I promise.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
16b said:
The law enforcement section of the database isn't 100% correct. It lists 10003 as local police west, and 10004 as local police east. There are no such talkgroups. 10004 is CO PD Dispatch, which is for all of the local departments, just like 154.815 used to be. I have confirmed this by hearing Genoa (600 units), Sunbury (900 units), and Shawnee Hills (100 units) all on 10004. 10002 is SO Dispatch 1 and 10003 is SO Dispatch 2.

I am working on adding *all* of the ID codes for the law enforcement list. It will be here soon, I promise.

Thanks, 16b.

The PD stuff I stuck in there was guesswork on my part from what I was hearing. I'll update the DB.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.