• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

DMR in NC

Picked up a CAP+ system licensed to Cone Health Hospital in Greensboro, NC. This is the information I pulled:

464.700 MHz TG 2; CC ?; CAP+

Seems to be a multi-site system with an application for another site and more frequencies pending: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Trunked License - WQVQ701 - CONE HEALTH

Also got another CAP+ system, maybe used by International Home Furnishings? (ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - KYT689 - INTERNATIONAL HOME FURNISHINGS CENTER INC):

463.425 MHz CC 1; CAP+

In addition to those, I confirmed and submitted:

462.1125 TG 1; CC 5; DMR -- FedEx Distribution Center
462.1875 TG 1; CC 1; DMR -- PTI Airport: Airline Ground Support
The one for PTI is United Airlines.

DMR Tier 3 control channel heard in Greensboro on 462.250. My Uniden shows the color code as 0. That might be the first Tier 3 signal I've heard in the Triad thus far.

I've noticed a large amount of DMR licensed in Guilford County and have heard quite a bit on the occasions I'm over there. There are numerous DMR systems, mainly CAP+, but also all the other flavors as well. Anyone over there should have a field day IDing stuff as quite a bit isn't in the database.

New CAP+ system used by International Home Furnishings in High Point, NC discovered the other day and has been submitted to the database. It has pretty decent range as I was hearing it inside a building in Kernersville.

System Name: International Home Furnishings Center
County: Guilford
System Type: DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)
System Voice: DMR

FCC Callsign: KYT689

Site 1 / High Point / Guilford County:
LCN 1 - LSN 1 - 464.700 - CC 1
LCN 1 - LSN 2 - 464.700 - CC 1
LCN 2 - LSN 3 - 463.425 - CC 1
LCN 2 - LSN 4 - 463.425 - CC 1
LCN 3 - LSN 5 - 463.6125 - CC 1
LCN 3 - LSN 6 - 463.6125 - CC 1

Talkgroups:

TG 1 / T / Operations
TG 2 / T / Operations
TG 3 / T / Operations

NathanJ

Premium Subscriber
New CAP+ system used by International Home Furnishings in High Point, NC discovered the other day and has been submitted to the database. It has pretty decent range as I was hearing it inside a building in Kernersville.

System Name: International Home Furnishings Center
County: Guilford
System Type: DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Single Site (TRBO)
System Voice: DMR

FCC Callsign: KYT689

Site 1 / High Point / Guilford County:
LCN 1 - LSN 1 - 464.700 - CC 1
LCN 1 - LSN 2 - 464.700 - CC 1
LCN 2 - LSN 3 - 463.425 - CC 1
LCN 2 - LSN 4 - 463.425 - CC 1
LCN 3 - LSN 5 - 463.6125 - CC 1
LCN 3 - LSN 6 - 463.6125 - CC 1

Talkgroups:

TG 1 / T / Operations
TG 2 / T / Operations
TG 3 / T / Operations

I didn't pull the license to see if it's permanent or temp. But if it's temporary then it might be (or might have been) related to the High Point Spring Furniture Market.

I didn't pull the license to see if it's permanent or temp. But if it's temporary then it might be (or might have been) related to the High Point Spring Furniture Market.
It is a permeant license and some of it's voice frequencies have been noted in the past in this thread IIRC. Apparently no one had mapped it out yet, or if they did it was not submitted to the database.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Yellow Dot Business being used for different things 464.550 C/C-8 single freq around Fort Bragg area.
Another i will try to ID is 451.8125 C/C-7 also being used a lot here
They both sound like they are being used for (Events)