Droid-star for dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have my ID entered and the password but it does not connect with any of the three Brandmeister USA servers.

Did you create a password under the "SelfCare" option on Brandmeister? This is a separate password than the one you use to acess the website.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
I created a log in and password for Brandmeister received and confirmed the e-mail and logged into the Brandmeister Dashboard. I used my Radio ID and password on Brandmeister USA 3101, 3102 and 3103 it it will not connect. The only way I can access is using Brandmeister Canada 3021 and leave the password blank.

mjdewey

Problem finally resolved. I went back to the Brandmeister Selfcare and found the Hotspot password was not enabled. I turned it on entered my password saved it and went back to Droid Star logged in and all three of the United States servers now work.

Joplinroost

This is what I have and it works.
I am unable to get Driod Star to connect on DMR. I have the correct DMR password but am unable to get to the screen that you show in your example. I am using Android 10 and a tablet. Any suggestions ?

Attachments

• IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 71

Joplinroost

YES I have three hot spots plus the Droid Star. Set the password in Brandmeister Self Care and it is the same password that I put in Droid Star.
That is why I'm totally perplexed as to why it won't connect. My screen doesn't appear to be the same as some of the screens I have seen. I downloaded Droid Star from Google Play store and I tried to download from the actual Droid Star Web site but would take on the M-8 Android 10 tablet.

Appreciate your help and thank you for your reply.

mjdewey

I had the same problem last week. Register with Brandmeister after you receive your confirmation email go to Brandmeister Selfcare and enter your password and enable your account. You will be in business.

KK4ELO

YES I have three hot spots plus the Droid Star. Set the password in Brandmeister Self Care and it is the same password that I put in Droid Star.
That is why I'm totally perplexed as to why it won't connect. My screen doesn't appear to be the same as some of the screens I have seen. I downloaded Droid Star from Google Play store and I tried to download from the actual Droid Star Web site but would take on the M-8 Android 10 tablet.

Appreciate your help and thank you for your reply.
That screens hot was from a couple versions back. They have since updated. That's why the different look. Mine is the same as yours. Also running Android 10.

N3CI

Premium Subscriber
I have this app running fine on a galaxy note 10 and an Atom XL DMR phone. The latter initially gave me fits and would not connect. Finally started over, reentered everything and it worked. The Atom XL is a really cool device that I use to monitor public service freqs, work on UHF ham repeaters, and DMR via the app, my hotspot, or a DMR repeater if the 2 watt signal is adequate.

W3EOD

Does anyone notice that when connected to DMR 9990 with the X in private you can still hear others using Parrot?

K6EEN

Yeah, it is not clear if it is something in the way "parrot" is implemented on the various DMR reflectors (BrandMeister vs TGIF vs QRM vs ???)

or if it is something specific to DROID-Star's implementation of the "Private" call checkbox. For instance, is "Private" only activated on transmit?

I had a QSO on the BrandMeister 9990 "parrot" talk group by accident while setting the mic gain level in DROID-Star for my old Galaxy S2 Tab Android tablet.

There is now a DROID-Star user mailing list you can join, so the user group crowdsourced knowledge may know the reason:
DroidStar groups.io Group

Last edited:

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hearing others on the parrot is normal.. Be aware of what you say !!

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
Any recent issues? I’ve used DroidStar DMR on Brandmister and TGIF, however now it won’t allow me access. The other DMR groups work, so do the other modes. I’m using an Android phone and tablet. Brandmister still works on my HT and hotspot. Confused.

KK4ELO

Yes, for some reason the US Brandmeister servers seem to be acting up. A local group has been using Canada 3021 and has been working fine. For what it's worth, we've even been having problems with the repeaters every now and then on 3102.

K6EEN

Any recent issues? I’ve used DroidStar DMR on Brandmister and TGIF, however now it won’t allow me access. The other DMR groups work, so do the other modes. I’m using an Android phone and tablet. Brandmister still works on my HT and hotspot. Confused.
There's apparently a bit of a tiff going on between the BrandMeister server admins, the DROID-Star developer, and the Pi-Star developer. My limited understanding of the issue is that BrandMeister has requested that pure "Radio over IP" or "Network Radio" devices connect to the server using BrandMeister's "Open Terminal Protocol"
Open DMR Terminal Protocol - BrandMeister
but DROID-Star doesn't do this, and mimics the connection request from a Pi-Star hotspot using Homebrew/MMDVM protocols. The Pi-Star developer has submitted a "pull request" against the DROID-Star source code on Github to delete these mimic strings from DROID-Star's source:
Update dudestar.cpp by AndyTaylorTweet · Pull Request #147 · nostar/dudestar
In the meantime, rumor is BrandMeister is perhaps blocking DROID-Star connections until the DROID-Star developers switch over to Open Terminal Protocol? I don't have a confirmed source for this rumor, might not be true. BrandMeister's policy on use of the hotspot protocols by non-hotspot devices is here:
Homebrew repeater protocol - BrandMeister
and clearly states
"Connecting to Brandmeister with the protocols Homebrew and MMDVM Hosts is reserved for repeaters and hotspots with an onboard radio (RF) module."

I have no idea how TGIF figures into all of this, they're a completely different organization from BrandMeister.

Last edited:

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
Well now Brandmeister isnt working now on my hotspot and HT. Brandmeister is the issue. Maybe I should kick Brandmeister and use other DMR options?

KF6DGN

Premium Subscriber
There's always TGIF.NETWORK and PRIME.TGIF.NETWORK

NO BS THERE !

TGIF_Prime doesn’t work on my DroidStar, but Network does. Maybe I’ll program the hotspot for TGIF, or DRM+ or FreeDMR, Brandmeister is NOT the only game in town!

I was told I could get a second radio ID DMR number, which might resolve the issue. Anyone get a second a DRM number?

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
It works fine if you put the password into it.. Log into prime.tgif.network, then profile, user security, get your password for the DMR Id.. Been using Droid star since the beginning. works fine on Prime !

Status
Not open for further replies.