DSD+ update failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecommguy

I've been using Fastlane for a little while now and like it a lot. When I try to download the update, I get a failure after clicking on Misc - Check For Update Now. It shows that 2.256 is available but spits out [No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it].

Any ideas? In advance, thank you for your input.

Alan

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Is it being blocked by your PC's internet/security :unsure:
Try temporarily disabling it.

jets1961

Not sure you OS but you may have to set a firewall rule for it. I know how to do it in Win 7 but not Win 10 because I don't use it.

slicerwizard

I have my doubts. If DSD+ can determine that there is an update available, access to the dsdplus.com website isn't being blocked. If the website is returning a 404 error, I'd say that indicates that the requested zip file doesn't exist. The OP may have to email the devs to resolve this.

BTFire21

I also am seeing this error when I go directly to the URL using my reg number. If I allow it download via the program it does download the update, but when I go to extract the file a password box pops up. I have tried my password I was given when they did it via email links but to no avail.

thecommguy

I have no antivirus or firewall set up. I use a program called Deep Freeze running instead. It's frozen in time. I did run it disabled, tried to download both through chrome & the event log. No luck yet.

Thank you for your input.

I also am seeing this error when I go directly to the URL using my reg number. If I allow it download via the program it does download the update, but when I go to extract the file a password box pops up. I have tried my password I was given when they did it via email links but to no avail.
I see the same results if I try to download in Chrome or through the Event Log. The attachment is what I see with the Event Log update tool. With my second post above, that's what I see in Chrome. Don't quite have it yet.
Thank you for your input.

Not sure you OS but you may have to set a firewall rule for it. I know how to do it in Win 7 but not Win 10 because I don't use it.
Running Win7 Pro 64 bit. No firewall setup or antivirus. I 'lock down' my system with a program called Deep Freeze. If I want to clear out any junk that's been added since I booted up, I simply reboot. I've tried with & without DF running. Same results. Not quite got it yet.

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 18

Krainium

Question: How does one obtain a fastlane update previous to the current release? I get an error message when I run DSD+ and FMP24 saying something like "IP socket error - version mismatch." The mismatch is due to me applying the latest fastlane update, but I don't have the most recent update for FMP.

Appreciate any help!
~k

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have my doubts. If DSD+ can determine that there is an update available, access to the dsdplus.com website isn't being blocked. If the website is returning a 404 error, I'd say that indicates that the requested zip file doesn't exist. The OP may have to email the devs to resolve this.

I had a similar error when trying to download Two Tone from their website via a RR link, it was my Antivirus blocking it but not notifying me. Took me weeks to figure it out.

You need the password from the December 2019 update.

To unzip the download after you get it, but not to get the update itself.

thecommguy

I resolved the issue I had once I emailed the DSD+ developer. Thank you to all that posted here with your ideas & comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.