Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
1699974250429.png

Change Log
----------

DSD+ 2.441

Some command line options and keyboard commands have been removed.
DSDPlus -h lists all command line options and keyboard commands.

The size of the text in the various DSD+ windows is controlled via the DSD+ Window menu.

To change the size of the various DSD+ windows, left-drag the double-ended arrow that
appears when you move the mouse pointer to a DSD+ window's lower right corner.
Note that the DSD+ Channel Activity window is auto-sizing; the only way to manually
adjust its size is to modify the size of the text that it displays.

Handling/parsing of data files (DSDPlus.networks, .sites, .frequencies, etc.) has been
modified; if DSD+ reports errors in files, inspect the indicated lines carefully.

Added decoding / trunk tracking of TIII Broadcast Talkgroup calls.

Additional DMR GPS/AVL location messages are now decoded.

Better handling of neighbor lists that have multiple/duplicate references to a given site.

Added handling of NXDN repeaters that send malformed SACCH messages.

Improved handling of P25 TDULC messages.

Added decoding of Harris P25 Talker Alias messages.
Decoded subscriber radio aliases are added to radio entries in the DSDPlus.radios file.

Added decoding of Harris P25 GPS/AVL messages.

Added decoding of conventional P25 GPS/AVL messages.

Added raw decoding of P25 packet data calls. These are normally found on P25 trunking systems.

Use the Data Calls priority settings in the DSD+ Control menu to enable or disable
auto- tuning / trunk following of P25 data calls.

These calls typically occur on dedicated channels; you may also manually park a receiver
on one of these channels.

Raw P25 packet data messages are written to a text file
named [mode-]DSDPlus[#modifier].packetData; each data block in a message is written
to a separate text line as hexadecimal byte values and ASCII text strings.

Raw P25 packet data messages are also written to a text file
named [mode-]DSDPlus[#modifier].packetData2; each complete data message is written
to a single separate text line as hexadecimal byte values. The message data in this file
can be sorted on any message byte offset by the Windows SORT command for analysis purposes.

Raw P25 packet data messages are also displayed in the DSD+ Packet Data window.
This scrollable window can buffer/display up to 500,000 lines of data.
P25 packet data is only buffered for this window when the window is open;
each time the window is closed/reopened, it will start with a blank display / no data.

A common packet data message type sent on P25 trunking systems is
ESP (Encapsulating Security Payload); these are encrypted and not decodable.
By examining the ASCII text displayed in the .PacketData file and the Packet Data window,
you may find TMS (Text Messaging Service) payloads.
Another common message is ACK responses; these are endpoints confirming that an entire
packet data message was received and decoded correctly.

FMP24 2.85

Minor internal changes.

Updated to auto-detect and support RTL-SDR Blog v4 dongles.

rtlsdr_V4.dll

DLL for RTL-SDR Blog v4 dongles; this file should be in FMP24's working folder.

FMPA 2.45

Minor internal changes.

FMPP 1.22

Minor internal changes.

Updated to SDRPlay API version 3.11

sdrplay_api.dll

DLL for SDRPlay API version 3.11; this file should be in FMPP's working folder.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm Packet Data decoding/logging and NXDN alias logging both work great. Another person has confirmed that the Harris P25 Phase II alias logging on the new Duke system is working as well.

The packet data screen helped me discover an agency I thought went missing actually just switched to data messages instead of voice. Really happy DSD+FL author has added these features.

Capture.PNGCapture0.PNG

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
For those wondering which keyboard shortcuts were done away with, the list is quite extensive with only six making the cut, unfortunately. Definitely makes certain tasks like discarding current system info or rebuilding the neighbor list more tedious having to go through the menus now.

Active keys:
? Display active keys list in event log window
0 Synthesize no audio
1 Synthesize audio for first DMR timeslot
2 Synthesize audio for second DMR timeslot
3 Synthesize all audio

^/v Adjust synthesized audio volume level
- Toggle command line options display
| Toggle symbol phase display
A/a Adjust AMBE unvoiced audio level
B Show/hide background events in event log window
C Toggle CC lock (no trunk voice/data monitoring) or CC hunt ability
D Discard current system information
E Cycle encrypted voice following modes
G Toggle enabling high priority override on new talkgroups
H Cycle high contrast modes
I/i Adjust IMBE unvoiced audio level
L Open network/site loader window
M/m Cycle raw source audio monitoring mode
n Rebuild and display neighbor list and P25 bandplan
N Toggle noise filtering
P Toggle signal polarity

R Start/stop recording of raw source audio to wav file
s Close/reopen source audio waveform display
S Toggle audio shaping filter
T/t Adjust voice monitoring threshold
U Check for updates
W Display window location/size data and high contrast value

Spacebar Hold on current call
Esc End program

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Another person has confirmed that the Harris P25 Phase II alias logging on the new Duke system is working as well.
I'm still a little confused about how this is supposed to work. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Ive tested on 2 different Harris P25 systems. Do the RID aliases on Harris P25 show up automatically, or is there something else I have to do?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm still a little confused about how this is supposed to work. It doesn't seem to be working for me. Ive tested on 2 different Harris P25 systems. Do the RID aliases on Harris P25 show up automatically, or is there something else I have to do?

As I understand it, if it is set up in the system it shows, if it is hidden in the system you will not see it. Just like a NXDN system.

If I'm wrong someone please let me know

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If the system broadcasts those aliases, they would populate in the radios file the same as the NXDN OTA alias do. I ran on MRRS, Suffolk and and Nassau p25 and did not notice anything happening. But, I have almost every rid labeled to an extent, so I wonder if it overwrites what's there or if it only populates empty entries. Maybe tomorrow I will try with a new blank rid file and see what happens. I do not know if either of the systems I tried on even have the feature.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If OTA aliases are not enabled on the system, you're not going to see anything. MRRS does not have them enabled. Also, this only applies to Harris P25 systems, not to Motorola ASTRO 25 systems, so you're not going to see anything on Nassau/Suffolk (ASTRO 25 OTA aliases can only be decoded with an APX subscriber that has Group Services, if they are enabled on the system).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For those wondering which keyboard shortcuts were done away with, the list is quite extensive with only six making the cut, unfortunately. Definitely makes certain tasks like discarding current system info or rebuilding the neighbor list more tedious having to go through the menus now.

Active keys:
? Display active keys list in event log window
0 Synthesize no audio
1 Synthesize audio for first DMR timeslot
2 Synthesize audio for second DMR timeslot
3 Synthesize all audio

^/v Adjust synthesized audio volume level
- Toggle command line options display
| Toggle symbol phase display
A/a Adjust AMBE unvoiced audio level
B Show/hide background events in event log window
C Toggle CC lock (no trunk voice/data monitoring) or CC hunt ability
D Discard current system information
E Cycle encrypted voice following modes
G Toggle enabling high priority override on new talkgroups
H Cycle high contrast modes
I/i Adjust IMBE unvoiced audio level
L Open network/site loader window
M/m Cycle raw source audio monitoring mode
n Rebuild and display neighbor list and P25 bandplan
N Toggle noise filtering
P Toggle signal polarity

R Start/stop recording of raw source audio to wav file
s Close/reopen source audio waveform display
S Toggle audio shaping filter
T/t Adjust voice monitoring threshold
U Check for updates
W Display window location/size data and high contrast value

Spacebar Hold on current call
Esc End program

I'm so used to using some of those. Kind of a bummer. But I do also know that FMP* and DSDPlus did have some keys in common -- and so if you accidentally pressed one of the keys when focused on the wrong app, you would end up changing something unintentionally and not realize it until things stopped working like they should. I can't remember how many times I've accidentally disabled dual timeslot voice on DMR or silly things like that, or pressed a button in FMPA/FMP24 when I meant to press it in DSDPlus and then caused something to go wonky in FMP*.

But I'm guessing there is some other reason, unbeknownst to me, why those were removed as keyboard commands.

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
As I mentioned before, I believe the Packet window and files are specifically for P25, at least at this time. And if one wonders what one may see that is useful in the packet window, for most people the answer is probably "nothing interesting". But on certain systems you may actually see something like a fire page or something. I have seen the packet window of at least one person who saw the plain text of a fire department page showing up in the packet window amidst the other stuff. For me, monitoring Ohio MARCS and AEP P25, nothing useful thus far. I've seen mention of LRRP once or twice, but nothing that I could translate into lat/long/etc. After all, we listeners aren't the target of any lat/long broadcasts. Those are coming from mobile radios and going to some sort of internal application running inside the trunked system network. I'm surprised I see as much LRRP as I do on DMR/NXDN. But on public safety systems I'm sure they prefer that none of that information be monitorable by the public -- won't want any cop haters to be tracking cops and such. So it might simply be a case where that data is transmitted by the mobiles, received by the trunked site, and never repeated back out since nobody listening on the repeater output (even other mobiles) need to necessarily see/know that kind of information about other mobiles.

Mike

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So it might simply be a case where that data is transmitted by the mobiles, received by the trunked site, and never repeated back out since nobody listening on the repeater output (even other mobiles) need to necessarily see/know that kind of information about other mobiles.

If you have the inputs, there may be something on those.

noamlivne

If you have the inputs, there may be something on those.
Indeed in the output it seems that there are only LRRP acknowledgments and no real data.
But I have found a few freqs of inputs of a local P25 system.
With the new Packet Data window I found out that I need to do slow manual calculations to find the date&time, location, and speed/direction(?) of certain users.
I used the info that I gleaned from DSD+ I can see LRRP and ARS. Why there are no GPS positions? to perform those calculations.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Packet windows are currently only for P25 although there is nothing to say that it couldn't change down the road.
I have see recognizable words in one system out of 8 I have tested it on but nothing like text messaging.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Here is a packet window from the Michigan public safety network.

What type of info is this really showing? To me its all gibberish and nothing of interest, but would like to know what it is showing to maybe keep an eye on that window time to time

mpscs.JPG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Here is a packet window from the Michigan public safety network.

What type of info is this really showing? To me its all gibberish and nothing of interest, but would like to know what it is showing to maybe keep an eye on that window time to time

Basically, what you are seeing is "gibberish", the only thing of note, unless you added the info, is the TG alias (2007 SP NORTH & 2006 SP SOUTH). It does let you see the system/frequency is active and shows talkgroup and radio IDs in use.

That system's data packets are either encrypted or a format DSD+FL can't yet decode. Not all systems/frequencies will be like that and some may show text messages or clear alpha numeric data.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Indeed in the output it seems that there are only LRRP acknowledgments and no real data.
But I have found a few freqs of inputs of a local P25 system.
With the new Packet Data window I found out that I need to do slow manual calculations to find the date&time, location, and speed/direction(?) of certain users.
I used the info that I gleaned from DSD+ I can see LRRP and ARS. Why there are no GPS positions? to perform those calculations.

@noamlivne I'm betting that if you are willing to capture some Raw Audio samples of the P25 traffic from the input frequencies and send it on to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com (or upload it somewhere and link to it here in the forums), that something can be done to make that work in DSDPlus. :) Just sayin. Please consider doing so.

M

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I like it, never had a issue with simulcast, but seems much better now, Clearer audio, just over all more smooth.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-08 210800.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-08 210800.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.