DSDPlus DSDPlus Fastlane Help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicerwizard

Your dongle is off frequency. You need to use the PPM adjustment in FMP24 to make the dongle tune properly. After you start FMP24, press p or P until the green zoomed control channel signal is in the exact center of FMP24's spectrum display. You should run FMP24 for about five minutes to let the dongle warm up and then re-center the signal with the p/P keys. Do all of this before starting DSD+.

The PPM correction value will be displayed in the spectrum window title. When you find the correct value, edit the FMP24-CC.bat file and change -P0.0 to the correct value. It looks like your dongle needs a correction factor of about -35 PPM.

I'd also drop the RF gain by about 10 dB by adding -g40 to the command line in FMP24-CC.bat

asome50

It looks like you're using far too much RF gain and you're not showing us any DSD+ windows. So it's difficult to help you.
YOU ARE AWESOME !!
it's work !! ohh my god i can't believe that
thank you so much friend :)
PPM it's work with me +55PPM and some time coming with me less than +55 PPM it's come +37 PPM

but i don't know it right like this i got alot message from window DSD+ 1R
Radio Monitor; TX Mult=1 Tgt=(numbers) Src=(numbers) ?
and i got some time voice but it's not clear and it's short
Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.15 - 02.54.19.62 (2).png

TheButcher

On that screenshot, gain is still too high. See the white spectrum in the background? that is +-1.2MHz either site of carrier (2.4MHz in total). The idea is to reduce gain to say, 10 and slowly raise untill the background noise starts to rise markably. Then back off by 5db or so.

If the carrier is up between 1/2 to 3/4, you are right on the mark! (good strong, healthy signal to decode).

This procedure is more important with weak signals, of which the one you are tuned into is not!

ps. Without being rude, the v3 dongles are the way to go (good upgrade). No need for confusing frequency offsets etc...

pps. Good way to find frequency offset of v1 or v2 dongle is, use SDR# or similar. then write with vivid / sharpie on it it's ppm value...

Hope that helps...

asome50

On that screenshot, gain is still too high. See the white spectrum in the background? that is +-1.2MHz either site of carrier (2.4MHz in total). The idea is to reduce gain to say, 10 and slowly raise untill the background noise starts to rise markably. Then back off by 5db or so.

If the carrier is up between 1/2 to 3/4, you are right on the mark! (good strong, healthy signal to decode).

This procedure is more important with weak signals, of which the one you are tuned into is not!

ps. Without being rude, the v3 dongles are the way to go (good upgrade). No need for confusing frequency offsets etc...

pps. Good way to find frequency offset of v1 or v2 dongle is, use SDR# or similar. then write with vivid / sharpie on it it's ppm value...

Hope that helps...
thank you sir :)
i have hackrf it's work with dsd+ fastlane ?

MickJT

I didn't think FMP24 (or its variants) supported HackRF. Unitrunker has a separate option for it, and so I'm assuming it uses a different chipset and requires specific support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.