DSDPlus DSDPlus New update 368

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Got to see how different users are partitioned today. If any new groups pop up, the KIDs will indicate who they're related to.

View attachment 113633

Eh? Other than the channel window, you control the window sizes. And in all windows, you control the text size.

Where (normal Windows re-sizing does not work)? I do see the font re-sizing in the menus but no window re-sizing menu item. In my case, I do not use aliases for the system I watch so I do not have the problem but he did. May be he is not actually running the uodate

Last edited:

BM82557

Where (normal Windows re-sizing does not work)? I do see the font re-sizing in the menus but no window re-sizing menu item. In my case, I do not use aliases for the system I watch so I do not have the problem but he did. May be he is not actually running the uodate

Put your cursor over the bottom right corner of the windows, a half gray/half yellow square appears, hold down with the left mouse button on the square and drag to the window size you want, exit DSD+ gracefully and the DSDPlus.bin file is updated with those settings --

Screenshot - 12_15_2021 , 12_51_12.png

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Put your cursor over the bottom right corner of the windows, a half gray/half yellow square appears, hold down with the left mouse button on the square and drag to the window size you want, exit DSD+ gracefully and the DSDPlus.bin file is updated with those settings --

View attachment 113644
Thanks, I wonder why DSD+ did not use the usual Windows drag method. Without seeing that square, one would never guess anything was there.
I wonder if that fixes the orginal posters problem.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I wonder why DSD+ did not use the usual Windows drag method. Without seeing that square, one would never guess anything was there.
I wonder if that fixes the orginal posters problem.

If that was a reference to my previous comments, I know how to resize the window, I just haven't seen the info in my groups window as others have since posted, It's possible I didn't wait long enough for the info to populate the window, or my alias's are to big and don't allow for the extra info. IDK. Doesn't really matter. RID's are a much better way to make associations/relationships on ENC TGID's/UID's in my humble opinion. The same KID could be used over various unrelated entities.. Screwing possible results if using that method alone.. Just saying.. :geek:

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's sure an annoying "feature", in particular because I have a noisy mouse button and it doesn't handle it well, ending the re-size operation in mid-drag, while the native Window class behaves better. (I know – "get a new mouse").

In addition to manually re-sizing, you can specify the Source, Event, and Channel Activity window sizes and locations on the command-line. Just set up the windows the way you like and press "w" in the console window and it will give you the options to add to the command-line to reproduce that setup.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
In addition to manually re-sizing, you can specify the Source, Event, and Channel Activity window sizes and locations on the command-line. Just set up the windows the way you like and press "w" in the console window and it will give you the options to add to the command-line to reproduce that setup.
No need to do that anymore. When you close FL, the window size and position is saved in DSDPlus.bin...been that way for quite some time.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
No need to do that anymore. When you close FL, the window size and position is saved in DSDPlus.bin...been that way for quite some time.
:cool: I almost wrote "it would be nice if it saved them in the .bin file" and was just about to check that. In my case, I need different layouts for the same installation, so hopefully the command-line options will stay. [scratch the following – not under DSD+'s control] It would also be nice if it supported command-line options for setting the debug console window and saved it, too, as the existing method I use (finding the window and sending Windows messages to it) is not ideal. :)

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it was. I just may not have waited long enough before I turned it back off. In my previous screenshot it was indeed enabled at that time..

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
One complaint I have is, DSD is giving me false encryption readings on talkgroups. I sat in my chair for the past hour or so running EMS on both my scanner and DSD and finally got a hit on DSD that stated the call was encrypted, but everything came through just fine on the scanner. Not to mention giving algorithms that don't make any sense (Such as $48 or Firefly).
I also noticed that the 1R lags behind a lot and even misses talkgroups that are flying by on my scanner.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You were running DSD+ in CC monitoring mode. I was using 1R mode.

I'll give the dual-dongle CC/VC mode a go.

I was running a CC and VC instance. I just didn't have the VC group window opened in the screenshot, but I did look and it appeared the same as the CC group window that was shown. If you look closely in the VC Event window you can see that indeed there were ENC calls occurring. FWIW
1639625511048.png
From post 15

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
You were running DSD+ in CC monitoring mode. I was using 1R mode.

I'll give the dual-dongle CC/VC mode a go.

I just figured out where I erred. I did not have it enable in the VC DSD Copy's options..
In prior versions, The ENC options were unavailable on the VC side... Only the CC side would allow you to change ENC following.. Sooo, you have to enable it in both copies now.. (I only had it enabled on the CC side in my earlier post)
Duh! :censored:
1639633484250.png
Thanks to all concerned. (y)
It is working as expected, now :)

slicerwizard

Yeah, I gave it a try. Limited or full enc following has to be enabled on the CC side in order to get the VC side tuned to enc comms. Limited or full enc following has to be enabled on the VC side in order to get the enc data displayed. No enc data displays on the CC side and the CC side won't stop sending the VC side to enc comms that the VC side has already seen. Works much better in 1R mode - once a talkgroup's enc data has been grabbed, that talkgroup isn't tuned to again.

CC-VC_LimitedEncFollowing.png

philacop

Premium Subscriber
How can I get it to display if I an running it with a r 8500 discriminator tap to DSD+ passive digital monitor? No SDR or dongle being used
thanks

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
In that case you would have to be manually tuned to a voice channel for it to see encryption parameters. Ideally you need to be using a dongle and FMP software for tuning.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
How can I get it to display if I an running it with a r 8500 discriminator tap to DSD+ passive digital monitor? No SDR or dongle being used
thanks
In that case you would have to be manually tuned to a voice channel for it to see encryption parameters. Ideally you need to be using a dongle and FMP software for tuning.
You need at least one sdr dedicated to voice following in your case, The ENC info is not on the CC, it's decoded by the VC. [And you need to enable ENC following in both CC/VC running instances :) ]