DSDPlus - P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrh17

I'm currently using the latest DSD+ fastlane to monitor my local P25P1 system with 2 dongles trunktracking through TCP which is decoding audio great with no issues, not using VAC at all because the decoding is pretty rubbish with my current set up.

Now I'm wanting to use my Radio with a discriminator tap to decode the system with DSD+ while I'm mobile. DSD+ is decoding the Control Channel from the radio with no issues. Am I still able to trunktrack with only having 1 dongle plugged in acting as the Voice Control? because at the moment none of the information from CC stream is being sent to VC dongle.

I will post my Bat settings tonight.

hrh17

I'm interested in seeing your .bat file. Exactly what .bat files are you using with your dongle and tap radio?
I have 4 bat files which I'm using to do trunk tracking with DSD+ and 2 RTL Dongles

FMP CC

FMP24 -i1 -a1 -o20001 -P-1 -wsl15.920 -f498.57500

FMP VC

FMP24 -i2 -a1 -o20002 -P-1 -o1 -rv -wsl245.920

DSD CC

DSDPlus -rc -T -i20001 -v4 -E -f1 -m1

DSD VC

DSDPlus -f1 -rv -T -Pwav -i20002 -v4 -E >>VC-Log.txt

M105

What does your DSD CC bat file look like when you are using the tapped scanner? Is the input set to the scanner audio? Are you including the -rc parameter?

hrh17

What does your DSD CC bat file look like when you are using the tapped scanner? Is the input set to the scanner audio? Are you including the -rc parameter?

I was having a play around and kept the BAT the same and just added the -m parameter. But on second thought I'm thinking there's more to it. Since the radio is providing the Raw audio I wouldn't need a CC FMP24 Bat?

just the following?

DSD CC Bat
DSD VC BAT
FMP24 VC Bat?

No I haven't added the -rc parameter.

M105

Correct. All you need are those three files. The input to DSD CC should be the audio input from the mic or line-in jack you are using to feed in the tapped audio from the scanner. It still needs the -rc parameter as it will be in the role of control.

hrh17

Changed my Bat settings to the following below, It wasn't working then I finally realised I had the priority settings down to 30 from earlier. Once I changed it back to the normal threshold the Dongle began Trunk tracking and decoding audio!

DSD+ RAW TAP TRUNKING

DSD CC MOBILE BAT

DSDPlus -rc -T -v4 -E -f1 -m4

DSD VC MOBILE BAT

DSDPlus -f1 -rv -T -Pwav -i20002 -v4 -E >>VC-Log.txt

FMP24 VC MOBILE BAT

FMP24 -i1 -a1 -o20002 -P-1 -o1 -rv

M105

Good! I ran my setup for NXDN48 like that for a while and it worked fine but I prefer 2 dongles now that DSD+ will follow the control channel changes.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Priority Setting

Using DSD+ with a RTL-SDR dongle to monitor Ohio MARCS-IP sites (P25).

When editing the DSDPlus.groups file, how do I set a talkgroup for LESS priority? In other words which way does priority run? 1 for less or 99?

Thanks,

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Using DSD+ with a RTL-SDR dongle to monitor Ohio MARCS-IP sites (P25).

When editing the DSDPlus.groups file, how do I set a talkgroup for LESS priority? In other words which way does priority run? 1 for less or 99?

Thanks,

1 is highest priority, 99 is lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.