Existing connection forcibly closed by the remote host

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
I'm using an SDS-200 & ProScan (v. 22.8) to send the local county fire/ems feed to Broadcastify. Every couple of nights (and yesterday at 17:46 which is unusual) my feed gets booted offline and has to reestablish it's connection. The log says "Error Code 10 - Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". And then after ProScan's built-in 10 second delay it reconnects to Broadcastify with no issues.

Any ideas on what is going on?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using an SDS-200 & ProScan (v. 22.8) to send the local county fire/ems feed to Broadcastify. Every couple of nights (and yesterday at 17:46 which is unusual) my feed gets booted offline and has to reestablish it's connection. The log says "Error Code 10 - Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". And then after ProScan's built-in 10 second delay it reconnects to Broadcastify with no issues.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Per the FAQ page on the proscan.org web site

Q: I'm using the Source Client feature to stream audio to Broadcastify. I'm experiencing intermittent dropped connections.
A: Intermittent connections could be caused by your computer, NIC card, cables, router, ISP, far end, etc. It has been suggested by a few users to use a tool called PingPlotter to isolate where the problem is.

Ensure you're not using AVG Anti-Virus software as that will interrupt TCP traffic.

If using the BCD536HP Wi-Fi, click the URL Audio Setup button and see if excessive Packet Loss shows in the dialog. Wi-Fi interference or a flaky Dongle could cause excessive packet loss. Move the dongle and scanner to another location to see if the packet loss decreases.

These links may be helpful.
BCD536HP WI-FI dropping issue
Feed keeps dropping out
Connection Issues

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
Packet loss is 0.00%. I've downloaded imup.io and will monitor my internet connection 24/7 for the next week. The SDS200 is hard-wired into a network switch which in turn is hard-wired directly into the fiber optic router for my internet connectivity. No WiFi dropouts to contend with. Using Norton antivirus and I've checked those logs and find nothing related to ProScan, Broadcastify or anything close to it. Also running PingPlotter to see if it pinpoints where the drop occurs. Once I get results from everything, I'll troubleshoot it from there. Thanks.