FREE VHF & UHF G BAND SEARCH FILES for GRE PSR-600/500 & PRO197/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

The link still works fine with FireFox.

When you click on the link. Let the page load all the way. So the browser can adjust the page to the correct area of the page aka (#post987526).

It did not work for me either...BUT if you go to post #28 the files are there. Just go to post 28.

Phil :cool:

joso62

Premium Subscriber
UHF search file

Hello,

I've tried the VHF search file, it's great.
The only UHF search file I see is #3 which is a bin file. This is in post #28
Is there a p500 or a gr5 file available?

Thanks,
ps Great work.
John

SOFA_KING

joso62,

You are right. Sorry about that.

Here is the non-bin version.

Phil

Attachments

• N2HUC_G-BAND_UHF_P25_SEARCH_011809.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 226

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Here is a zip file with 4 Win500 files in it.
(one of the file wasn't fully done yet with the alpha tags in the 380 FM band.)

These two files. The Alpha tag is "P25 SCAN"
G-BAND_UHF_P25_406-420-380-388SEARCH.p500
G-BAND_VHF_P25_162-174-138-150SEARCH.p500

These two files. The Alpha tag is "FM SCAN"
G-BAND_UHF_FM_406-420-380-388SEARCH.p500
G-BAND_VHF_FM_162-174-138-150SEARCH.p500

Attachments

• Win500-FedBandSearchFiles.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 276

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
FreeSCAN file mostly for 396XT & 996XT Scanners. :D

162-174 P25 Search
162-174 FM Search

406-420 P25 Search
406-420 FM Search

138-143 , 148-150 P25 Search
138-143 , 148-150 FM Search

380-400 P25 Search
380-400 FM Search

The only thing that might need changing. Is the System Quick keys for your scanner setup...

Bug reports is always welcome :p

Download the .zip file below.

Attachments

• FreeSCAN-FedCom-G-Band-P25-FM-Search396xt-996xtProfile.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 253

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Ray or Anyone.
It's hard to help you. When you have your "Private Message" turned off. So we don't take the topic "Off Topic" with trouble shooting a problem.

In most cases. You should be able to click on the link or Right click "Save As".

Since I don't know how you are viewing the page. Need little more info.
Don't know if it's a webtv box, Mac,Windows,Fire Fox,Internet Explorer,etc... issue.

If you have any more trouble on downloading files on this forum. Ask in the "Forums Administration" forum area. Where your problem can be address.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Since we are now accepting .zip files into the wiki, please feel free to upload them there, if no one has already established a file sharing area for them. They should be linked with the Object Oriented Scanner FAQ (for the PSR scanners) or the Uniden DMA FAQ (for the DMA driven Uniden scanners).

Here is an example of the correct wiki code to link to these files;

* [[Media:N2HUC_G-BAND_UHF_P25_SEARCH_011809.zip|N2HUC's UHF P25 Search Files (.zip format)]]

The code to the left of the vertical bar is the file name (be exact - caps and punctuation all count) - to the right of the vertical bar (shift of \ - or for those of us old enough to remember the term, the DOS Pipe symbol) is the hyperlink to identify the file. Notice the comment in there to indcate that this file is a zip file). Obviously, upload the files once all the bugs have been cleaned up.

When you upload them, the wiki will report them as an 'image' - this is a bug that should be ignored.

73 Mike

joso62

Premium Subscriber
Help please

Hello,

Thanks for the files.

I'm getting myself confused. Maybe someone can get me straightened out.

I opened the G-search files with win500 - demo. Then uploaded to my 197. I selected the banks (or what ever they are called now and got several frequencies, some lots of times over a couple of weeks. I couldn't hear any audio, maybe because of "search", not "scan". I then downloaded the file from the scanner into the win500 program.
I copy & pasted the frequencies that had indicated hits into a empty (bank ?) in my working p500 file.
I uploaded it into my scanner.
I receive transmissions on everything except the p25 frequencies.
I'm guessing I don't have something turned on that needs to be done in the program.

Could someone post a file for anywhere that they listen to, that includes p25 frequencies, then I could compare the two files.
Or any other ideas I could try.

Thanks,

John

Harold_Barron

Premium Subscriber
Sofa_King: Sorry to be such a pest.... But I need the files in (zip format) Thanks for all of the effort! Harold_Barron (N9CKK)

Harold_Barron

Premium Subscriber
Sofa_King: (worked for US for 28 years.) They had us always go to four digits after the decimal on freqs. as well six pins on locks. To show that it was U.S. Government. Harold_Barron (N9CKK)

SOFA_KING

Hello,

Thanks for the files.

I'm getting myself confused. Maybe someone can get me straightened out.

I opened the G-search files with win500 - demo. Then uploaded to my 197. I selected the banks (or what ever they are called now and got several frequencies, some lots of times over a couple of weeks. I couldn't hear any audio, maybe because of "search", not "scan". I then downloaded the file from the scanner into the win500 program.
I copy & pasted the frequencies that had indicated hits into a empty (bank ?) in my working p500 file.
I uploaded it into my scanner.
I receive transmissions on everything except the p25 frequencies.
I'm guessing I don't have something turned on that needs to be done in the program.

Could someone post a file for anywhere that they listen to, that includes p25 frequencies, then I could compare the two files.
Or any other ideas I could try.

Thanks,

John

John,

Scan, not search. The file scans all the gov freqs in a given band for P25 activity. Each scan list is broken in 1 MHz sections so you can skip or concentrate on sections of the band. The fewer channels you scan, the faster you scan and you will get more P25 hits (sooner), but I scan over time and eventually catch whatever is out there.

On my updated local search file I also have a list for my regular know stuff. I can turn that on if I wish. Running logging with WIN500 does catch and record new P25 hits, but I am scanning over time, so I may not hear something new for a while. When I hear the chirp go off, my eyes go right to the display and my finger to the pause key. Got ya!

It works...

Phil

joso62

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply

Hi Phil,

Could you post or send me a copy of your file that you use for day to day listening?
Then I could compare your file to mine and see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

John joso62@yahoo.com

Sorry, I don't know how to contact you offline

Status
Not open for further replies.