Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

CrabbyMilton

:p Back in the day when the National Weather Service recorded their segments live, the announcer messed up and was obviously very frustrated! He let out a string of curse words which were at the end of his report FOR THE NEXT 6 HOURS!! :eek:
You can't rule out someone typing in some funny stuff so the drunken Russian will say it. :)

kc8jwt

Premium Subscriber
The other day at work I was listening to the scanner and heard the county across the river initiate a pursuit on a motorcycle. At one point the dispatcher asked the deputy how fast they were going. The deputy answers, "He's gotta be going a million miles an hour!"

They lost the guy so I have deduced that if you want to elude the police, you have to go a million miles an hour.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
The other day at work I was listening to the scanner and heard the county across the river initiate a pursuit on a motorcycle. At one point the dispatcher asked the deputy how fast they were going. The deputy answers, "He's gotta be going a million miles an hour!"

They lost the guy so I have deduced that if you want to elude the police, you have to go a million miles an hour.

Warp speed Mr. Sulu!

That officer must of had great eyesight to see the motorcycle go past him at that speed.

consys

Premium Subscriber
Just learned that a local dairy has a separate small building called the"smoke shack". I assume because employees can not smoke in the facility... In any case, the FD was dispatched because "the floor of the smoke shack is on fire".

zapman987

Premium Subscriber

If youve ever driven to DisneyWorld on 95, theres a town/county Kingsland/Camden GA, just N of the FL border, notorious speed trap. That said, among the locals and scanner listeners around, for chases the rule of thumb, is if you can get to FL being chased, you are normally home free. GA police wont go past the border, and the FL cops dont care...

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Warp speed Mr. Sulu!

That officer must of had great eyesight to see the motorcycle go past him at that speed.
My beat partner had a short motorcycle pursuit the other day. He broke off when the cycle crossed the 130mph threshold (stolen bike).

I asked him on the back channel how fast he thought the motorcyclist had reached and his reply was "faster than my radar" 🤣

bobmich52

Just came over Vernon ct police

PD responding to a person practicing witchcraft, Possible EDP:eek:

CrabbyMilton

Just learned that a local dairy has a separate small building called the"smoke shack". I assume because employees can not smoke in the facility... In any case, the FD was dispatched because "the floor of the smoke shack is on fire".

Yeah I love that. "Tobacco use is prohibited." Then there's an ash receptacle right next to it. Perhaps the dairy is looking to get into the BBQ business. :)

Cognomen

Ambulance crew at an overdose: After he was given Narcan, he started working on getting high again, so we left the scene, and we're going to be doing paperwork.

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Ambulance crew at an overdose: After he was given Narcan, he started working on getting high again, so we left the scene, and we're going to be doing paperwork.
They warned us repeatedly in EMT class that recreational users might get really angry after we administered Narcan and got them breathing again. I learned quickly it was true. But raising up and going at it again? That's over the top, in a job that's full of 'over the top' on a daily basis.