Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

screenersam

I hate motrbro
Fruitland Police are responding to Camden Ave for a pig in the caller's yard. Animal Control is also responding to assist.

Update 3:10 PM - The Fruitland Officer is requesting Animal Control expedite their response time because they are chasing the pig around the yard.

Update 3:28 PM - The pig is in custody! Animal Control is transporting the pig back to their office.

charges pending

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
Fruitland Police are responding to Camden Ave for a pig in the caller's yard. Animal Control is also responding to assist.

Update 3:10 PM - The Fruitland Officer is requesting Animal Control expedite their response time because they are chasing the pig around the yard.

Update 3:28 PM - The pig is in custody! Animal Control is transporting the pig back to their office.

charges pending
You can run from the police, but you always get caught in the end.

CrabbyMilton

Oh hello honey. Uh Jane here is selling some... insurance yeah some insurance from that insurance r us insurance company yeah that's it...

shansmi

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch: RP wants to talk to an officer about a road rage incident that he instigated where the other party qave him the bird, cussed him out and talked bad about his mother.

Office: 10-4

Folks ya just can't make this stuff up!

W7DPS

Premium Subscriber
Kennewick, Washington, back in the 1980s

Dispatch: Any unit to respond to a caller who says she hears an alarm bell ringing. Uh, stand by...
Dispatch: Additional information, caller says the alarm bell is ringing inside her head.
Anonymous officer: PUSH RESET

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Local PD officer responding to a vehicle break-in...

Officer: Paul 23 to Dispatch
Dispatch: Go ahead
Officer: Could you send an additional unit to this location? One of the suspects who broke in fell asleep in the front seat.
Dispatch (with laughter in her voice): Fell asleep in the front seat. 10-4. Additional unit will be enroute.
Dispatch sends another unit to the scene.

Kind of an incompetent burglar, if you ask me. LOL. :D

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Local PD officer responding to a vehicle break-in...

Officer: Paul 23 to Dispatch
Dispatch: Go ahead
Officer: Could you send an additional unit to this location? One of the suspects who broke in fell asleep in the front seat.
Dispatch (with laughter in her voice): Fell asleep in the front seat. 10-4. Additional unit will be enroute.
Dispatch sends another unit to the scene.

Kind of an incompetent burglar, if you ask me. LOL. :D
The person got tired just breaking in

CrabbyMilton

One from about a month ago after a 737 had to make an emergency landing after possible landing gear trouble. It landed fine but they had an issue towing it back to the gate. Someone(airport opps. or fire) was going on about why they can't fine an easier way to do it or some such thing. Some else came on and said..".I don't know. You'll have to talk to the Wright Brothers".

screenersam

I hate motrbro
MAN IN A PINK ROBE AND COWBOY HAT LOOKING INTO VEHICLES
Adams Ave - Salisbury, MD
Salisbury Police are responding to Adams Avenue for a white man in a pink robe and cowboy hat looking into vehicles in the parking lot.
Update 2:37 PM - SPD checked the area but were unable to locate the individual.

zapman987

Premium Subscriber
MAN IN A PINK ROBE AND COWBOY HAT LOOKING INTO VEHICLES
Adams Ave - Salisbury, MD
Salisbury Police are responding to Adams Avenue for a white man in a pink robe and cowboy hat looking into vehicles in the parking lot.
Update 2:37 PM - SPD checked the area but were unable to locate the individual.

Reminds me of a call recently, horse with saddle/equipment but no rider loose. LEO responds, after about 20 mins of trying to locate and catch said horse finally remarks to start looking for a possible rider... Id think thad be the first priority, to figure out who got knocked off. Assume otherwise theyd be chasing the horse.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Both Saturday and Sunday this local Fire Department has been dispatched to people stuck on the roof.

I know that yesterday they said that tbe son in laws ladder fell. Don't know what happen today, but could have blew over with winds today.

Not the kind of weather to do it today with high winds and cold temperatures, but people are most likely putting up holiday lights.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I heard a fire engine being dispatched on one of the adjacent counties' numerous fire frequencies. Nothing humorous, but the dispatcher acknowledged Engine 451. She even pronounced it engine four five one.

I just hope it wasn't a fire in "Books A Million"...

wbswetnam

A Pope County (Arkansas) sheriff's deputy was dispatched this afternoon to deal with a complaint from a woman about a neighbor's pet turkey. The turkey was "harassing" her and she was afraid to get out of the car.