Funny/Odd things heard on the scanner

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Just a few minutes ago:
We've got two geniuses drag racing on I-94, in rush hour traffic, doing about 120 mph, and passing on the shoulders.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
Troopers from the MD State Police Princess Anne Barrack are responding to Deal Island Rd for an incident where a husband has locked his wife out of the residence.

Update 10:00 PM - Troopers are on the scene and could not locate the wife. Troopers asked the communications operator if there was a better location where they could locate the wife, and the wife stated that she is in the dog house.

Update 10:25 PM - The wife has been allowed back in the residence. Police are clearing the call.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Troopers from the MD State Police Princess Anne Barrack are responding to Deal Island Rd for an incident where a husband has locked his wife out of the residence.

Update 10:00 PM - Troopers are on the scene and could not locate the wife. Troopers asked the communications operator if there was a better location where they could locate the wife, and the wife stated that she is in the dog house.

Update 10:25 PM - The wife has been allowed back in the residence. Police are clearing the call.

I thought it was usually the husband that wound up in the dog house. LOL :D

dachs494

Heard just moments ago on one of the local PD dispatch channels...

"Dispatch to North units, South County is responding to a disturbance at the county jail for an irate elderly female hitting the main gate with her cane."

That sure isn't something you hear every day at nearly 1 o'clock in the morning.

CrabbyMilton

Just heard one on one of those van transport services for elderly or disabled. A driver claimed to call in 6 times and was ignored. The dispatcher said he never heard him. But added that perhaps he was in a bad spot and should move the van. The driver continued to complain. The dispatcher finally said that the solution would be for him to move the van or we can move the building. Then the dispatcher said we don’t get paid to ignore drivers. No more complaints from the driver. He could have also called in via cellphone but the dispatcher didn’t say that.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Here's one I haven't heard before....

PD dispatched a local unit to XXth and Maryland. States that the caller went to pick up his Door Dash order and got lost on the way back home and would like for an officer to "point him in the right direction, or if possible, give him a lift home."

A few minutes later, the officer asked dispatch if the caller was still on the line, and she responded "no." Officer stated that the caller must have found his way home as there was no one at that intersection and that he had driven around a few blocks and didn't see anyone walking.

nowheremen22

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to some local snow plowers yack this morning. The guy asks if they're doing such and such address and the boss said not this week. The first one asks, "Then where do you want me be?" Before the boss gets a chance to reply, a local EMS dispatcher keys up, "... Unconscious, on the ground, not breathing." I thought, "Dang, that's a demanding boss!" lol!

CrabbyMilton

I was listening to some local snow plowers yack this morning. The guy asks if they're doing such and such address and the boss said not this week. The first one asks, "Then where do you want me be?" Before the boss gets a chance to reply, a local EMS dispatcher keys up, "... Unconscious, on the ground, not breathing." I thought, "Dang, that's a demanding boss!" lol!
Sounds like you may have been listening a trunked system in the conventional mode but funny observation. The airport here is on the two county system here and the airport snow removal TG's can be funny at times during or after a snow fall.

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
New Year's Eve, I hear our local police dispatch say they received a cell call from a fourteen year old saying he was in the van with two siblings. Mom and dad were both drunk after a party and driving them home. Gave description and location of the vehicle.

Randyk4661

Premium Subscriber
New Year's Eve, I hear our local police dispatch say they received a cell call from a fourteen year old saying he was in the van with two siblings. Mom and dad were both drunk after a party and driving them home. Gave description and location of the vehicle.

I wouldn't call that funny, I'd call that saving lives.
Hopefully the police caught them and got them off the streets.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Right now, there is an intermittent open mic on Arizona Regional Wireless Coop - G Deck Interop A.

Someone is verbally savaging their supervisor... :LOL:

Lesson for today is to never sit with a portable between your legs or on either side of your legs in a vehicle with a console or prominent door arm rests.

JethrowJohnson

Right now, there is an intermittent open mic on Arizona Regional Wireless Coop - G Deck Interop A.

Someone is verbally savaging their supervisor... :LOL:

Lesson for today is to never sit with a portable between your legs or on either side of your legs in a vehicle with a console or prominent door arm rests.
Ooof, I feel bad for that guy when he gets called into the office. I hope he's not using any colorful words, bc he's gonna be in that much more trouble if he is I think. 🤦‍♂️

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
This morning, an adjacent county dispatcher called to unit X, "Please see the man, Mr. XXXX, at XXXX. He says it sounds crazy, but there are poisonous gasses coming out of the satellite".

avaloncourt

Local state department of transportation plows were working hard on a very bad, blizzard conditions night. One plow driver went past a popular bar and it was packed and made a comment. The supervisor came on and said, "Nothing can keep rednecks from their wings and beer."