GRE PSR 600 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnphx711

I realize that the cost of computer software for the 600 is fairly cheap, I would like to only buy one program. Besides the 600, I have a BC330T that I am using with ScanControl. Features I am looking for include:
ease of use,
hit logging,
audio recording,
and good customer support.

I am aware of ScanControl. PSREdit, and Win500. Are there other programs I should know about? Pro's and con's of each would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I realize that the cost of computer software for the 600 is fairly cheap, I would like to only buy one program. Besides the 600, I have a BC330T that I am using with ScanControl. Features I am looking for include:
ease of use,
hit logging,
audio recording,

I am aware of ScanControl. PSREdit, and Win500. Are there other programs I should know about? Pro's and con's of each would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Most, if not all software has a free 30 day trial period. Since opinions are varied on each software, I suggest you download the free trials and try them for yourself. It usually is a matter of personal preference as to which one you choose.

Dave

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
ARC500 is also supposed to work with the PSR600, typos on the BuTel website notwithstanding.

Those are the only 4 players as far as I know. Scan Control's support is not yet mature, but will be as time progresses. 73 Mike

rc104a

ease of use,
hit logging,
audio recording,

Thanks,
John

I like ARC500, you can copy and paste whole columns of data from rr or excel. The others seem to be one field at a time unless you are a premium member of RR and use the download function. I like to copy and paste to excel, get rid of what i dont want then copy and paste to arc500.
R

also arc500 is the only one with documentation----- that i can find

Deeke

Since you own Scancontrol and are familiar with it, why not use it for the 600 as well as the 330T.
NO new software charges...........

DonS

Features I am looking for include:
ease of use,
hit logging,
audio recording
I like ARC500, you can copy and paste whole columns of data from rr or excel. The others seem to be one field at a time unless you are a premium member of RR and use the download function. I like to copy and paste to excel, get rid of what i dont want then copy and paste to arc500.
Win500 does that type of text-based copy/paste just fine (I do it all the time - copy from some source into Excel, format/arrange/edit as I like, copy/paste from Excel into Win500).

Also, I think Win500 is about the only option if the O.P. wants non-beta software that allows hit logging, audio recording, and full programming of the PSR-500 family (and, as a bonus, allows full remote monitoring and control over the Internet from a Windows-based PC or mobile phone).

rc104a

Win500 does that type of text-based copy/paste just fine (I do it all the time - copy from some source into Excel, format/arrange/edit as I like, copy/paste from Excel into Win500).

Also, I think Win500 is about the only option if the O.P. wants non-beta software that allows hit logging, audio recording, and full programming of the PSR-500 family (and, as a bonus, allows full remote monitoring and control over the Internet from a Windows-based PC or mobile phone).

Ok, I revisited WIN500, how do I paste a column of talkgroup ids and another column of tags from Excel into WIN500? Also apparently these PSR600's are limited to 32 freqs per TSYS (I think)? If I was to put in all the towers between UT and KS along I-70 I would have to have several TSYS's correct? And even more if I put in alternate cc's too. Then would I select multisite or roam?
Thanks
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.