Help with Proscan setup for broadcasting my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
what should I look for in the other tabs "source client" and "remote scanner over IP"?

You don't need to do anything with those other tabs, they have nothing to do with the web server.

Suggest you go back to the Proscan manual, take your time and read it over very carefully.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
bobruzzo,
Don't mess with the Router Port Forwarding for now. Are you using your phone to access the Web Server? If, yes then ensure the phone is using the WiFi. If your phone is using the cell connection then it's treated as an outside IP address (or connection).

You can also for a test, use the web browser on the computer to try to connect to the server.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
bobruzzo,
Don't mess with the Router Port Forwarding for now. Are you using your phone to access the Web Server? If, yes then insure the phone is using the WiFi. If your phone is using the cell connection then it's treated as an outside IP address.

You can also for a test, use the web browser on the computer to try to connect to the server.
OK I wont bother with port forwarding....OK It seems to work on the computer...

Attachments

• yay.JPG
    yay.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 17

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
All you should need to do as long as the phone is connected to the same wifi as the host machine is enter the same IP (boxed in red) into your phone browser's address bar. If phone is on your carrier's network then you'll need to do the port forwarding, then go to www.whatismyip.com on the host machine to find out your public IP address. Enter that IP with :5000 into your phone browser

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
ha
I just have to get it to work on phone now
Your're very close now bobrusso. Proscan Bob will help save the day. Many of us have been in your situation. Calm down and think it through step by step. No need to rush, work at a comfortable pace. Once you get it up and running, I'll bet you'll say " that wasn't that hard after all". For those of us that aren't computer savy just takes a little bit longer. Good luck and you'll love the outcome.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I typed in the same address ( ) in browser in phone but wont do anything. I did get it working on computer. But I need it working on phone. Is there something I need to check? I have android smart phone. Using wifi but can also use the non-wifi if I get outta range.

Last edited:

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
ha

Your're very close now bobrusso. Proscan Bob will help save the day. Many of us have been in your situation. Calm down and think it through step by step. No need to rush, work at a comfortable pace. Once you get it up and running, I'll bet you'll say " that wasn't that hard after all". For those of us that aren't computer savy just takes a little bit longer. Good luck and you'll love the outcome.
Yeah I am taking it slow....its so muggy here, it affects your thinking.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
All you should need to do as long as the phone is connected to the same wifi as the host machine is enter the same IP (boxed in red) into your phone browser's address bar. If phone is on your carrier's network then you'll need to do the port forwarding, then go to www.whatismyip.com on the host machine to find out your public IP address. Enter that IP with :5000 into your phone browser

View attachment 88690
Need to troubleshoot why it doesnt connect on phone...I went to "whatsmyip.com" and got a different public ip4v number...tried that...dont work....

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Why do I get 2 different IP addresses? One in Proscan is different that the one at the Whats my IP website. I tried both on phone and no go.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
With ProScan running on your computer, open the web server tab. Bottom right should say Local, Outside, and a tab that says get my IP. When using your phone on your home wifi connection, you need to enter the "local" IP followed by :whatever number assigned (ex: 5000). For a quick check to see if streaming, turn off wifi on your phone and check the 192......... number

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
bobruzzo,
Since you want to use your phone when WiFi out of range. You will need to setup your Router Port Forwarding
Give it these three items. 1) Use TCP Only 2) IP address of computer (local address) 3) Port 5000

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Why do I get 2 different IP addresses? One in Proscan is different that the one at the Whats my IP website. I tried both on phone and no go.

If the IP address that worked on your computer in your post #43 doesn't work on your cell phone while you are in your house, chances are pretty good that your cell phone is not connected to your home WiFi.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
So when you finally do get it working:
Use local IP:5000 when your phone is connected to your wifi
Use public IP:5000 when connected to carrier network or someone else's wifi (though public IP should also work on your wifi)

Status
Not open for further replies.