Help with Proscan setup for broadcasting my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I tried connecting to 2 other computers in house and no go. I can only connect to the computer that runs proscan and has my radio connected to it.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
bobruzzo,
Since you want to use your phone when WiFi out of range. You will need to setup your Router Port Forwarding
Give it these three items. 1) Use TCP Only 2) IP address of computer (local address) 3) Port 5000
OK I edited router to what you suggested but there is still a problem where I can only connect to the same computer I am running Proscan on and radio connected to. Can't use any other computers in house or any phones....I tried everything you guys suggested, I know my phone is connected to wifi cause I can see it in phone display. I tried disabling wifi but no matter what I do it wont connect.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I think I might have possibly found problem....in Proscan under web server tab I have "Maximum connections" set to "1"........I changed it to "10" but I still cant connect to phone of any other computers.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK I edited router to what you suggested but there is still a problem where I can only connect to the same computer I am running Proscan on and radio connected to. Can't use any other computers in house or any phones....I tried everything you guys suggested, I know my phone is connected to wifi cause I can see it in phone display. I tried disabling wifi but no matter what I do it wont connect.
Are you entering in the same IP address and port on the computers that don't work?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps for a test, disable any Internet Security or Antivirus software on the computer running the Web Server.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK It seemed to be a Windows security part of advanced....inbound rules.....there are 6 lines of "Proscan" and 2 were blocked....I unblocked them and I can connect on everything now.

Attachments

• k.JPG
    k.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 9

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK It seemed to be a Windows security part of advanced....inbound rules.....there are 6 lines of "Proscan" and 2 were blocked....I unblocked them and I can connect on everything now.
Great. Now what about your phone WiFi?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. It is hard to figure this stuff out even with manual cause there are many distracting things on either side of the one main thing I needed to focus on. But I have it working on phone and chromebook. Hopefully those 2 things in Windows Defender advanced section "Inbound rules" that I changed from "block" to "unblock" isnt a bad security risk! I dont know what that section of Defender means. Cant decipher it. Some things blocked, somethings arent.

Attachments

• 20200722_203656.png
    20200722_203656.png
    686.7 KB · Views: 20

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank you all for your help. It is hard to figure this stuff out even with manual cause there are many distracting things on either side of the one main thing I needed to focus on. But I have it working on phone and chromebook. Hopefully those 2 things in Windows Defender advanced section "Inbound rules" that I changed from "block" to "unblock" isnt a bad security risk! I dont know what that section of Defender means. Cant decipher it. Some things blocked, somethings arent.
That's new to me too. I learned something from you and will remember this post in case anyone else has this type of problem.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
That's new to me too. I learned something from you and will remember this post in case anyone else has this type of problem.
Well the things that screwed me up we the other tabs in Proscan (Source client and remote scanner over IP). I thought things in those places had to be configured and I was bouncing around trying everything. Plus I am unfamiliar with port forwarding, but with peoples help on here I learned a little and was able to set it without grief. My only concern, and maybe a Windows tech nerd can answer, is those 2 things I unblocked in Windows security inbound rules. There were 6 lines with Proscan and other data.....2 of them were blocked. And when I unblocked them everything started working. I just hope I didnt do something unsafe!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Phone wifi is working too.....on the web server page what is the login section in upper right corner for?

I would just make it simple and set a Super User password in ProScan then use that same password to login. That way you can control the scanner.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
on the web server page what is the login section in upper right corner for?

To protect your server by using passwords if you want to do that....

Look at "Web Server Password Logic" in the Proscan user manual... For your own private use, "Super User" is the easiest.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
To protect your server by using passwords if you want to do that....

Look at "Web Server Password Logic" in the Proscan user manual... For your own private use, "Super User" is the easiest.

OK Thanks I will take a look at that. OK I looked at it but it doesnt make sense to me! What do you do if you want to password protect the stream? If thats what it is for? dont understand it.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK Thanks I will take a look at that. OK I looked at it but it doesnt make sense to me! What do you do if you want to password protect the stream? If thats what it is for? dont understand it.

By entering in a password in the Serve Audio Stream Password box, the stream is password protected.
If just the Super User password is entered and not the Serve Audio Stream Password then the stream is not password protected.
If both the Serve Audio Stream Password and Super User passwords are entered then either password will work to unlock the password protected stream.

When clicking on the Listen Live link or the built in audio player, the password is automatically sent to the audio player so you don't have to manually enter in a password. Provided you are logged in on the web page.

If you're manually entering in the URL in an audio player on a password protect stream. The format is like this.

The "stream" in the URL is the name of your stream configured in the Web Server tab.
The "mypassword" is the password you picked in the Serve Audio Stream Password box.

Without the +mypassword, you shall see a access denied (or similar type depending on the audio player using) message on the audio player.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
By entering in a password in the Serve Audio Stream Password box, the stream is password protected.
If just the Super User password is entered and not the Serve Audio Stream Password then the stream is not password protected.
If both the Serve Audio Stream Password and Super User passwords are entered then either password will work to unlock the password protected stream.

When clicking on the Listen Live link or the built in audio player, the password is automatically sent to the audio player so you don't have to manually enter in a password. Provided you are logged in on the web page.

If you're manually entering in the URL in an audio player on a password protect stream. The format is like this.

The "stream" in the URL is the name of your stream configured in the Web Server tab.
The "mypassword" is the password you picked in the Serve Audio Stream Password box.

Without the +mypassword, you shall see a access denied (or similar type depending on the audio player using) message on the audio player.
OK Thanks I probably wont need to do this. I set this up so only I can listen on phone when around yard or if I go out. One thing tho....I turned off metadata but the audio and what displays on screen is waaaaaay off and not calibrated. I played around with different settings (delay) but nothing I tried helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.