Hillsborough County (EDACS and P25 32D.1E306)

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I believe University of Tampa PD is operating on TGID 11351 as well.

Edit: Confirmed TGID: 11351 is their Dispatch Channel. Submitted the request to DB Admin.
Just a little nit pick. UT doesn’t have a police department. Their campus security officers are non-sworn. Tampa PD responds to the campus when LE is needed.

CanesFan95

Hearing Strawberry Festival comms on 10401 & 10402, mostly 10402. Sounds like the Sheriff.

CanesFan95

Overheard a few Hillsborough County Fire transmissions on the P25 System while while visiting family. TGID 10572 appears to be a Dispatch channel as it had the synthetic Samantha voice asking a Engine to respond to a call. TGID 10542 also appears to be a dispatch channel as this one had a dispatcher(?) follow up after the transmission on 10572 to confirm if the Engine was responding to the call in Riverview.

I'm observing the same thing. Sounds like HCFR now has 2 dispatch channels, maybe for different areas of the County which we'll have to figure out. It all makes sense. The County is growing and one dispatch channel is no longer enough. Getting new radios is a good opportunity to add another dispatch TG.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Hearing Strawberry Festival comms on 10401 & 10402, mostly 10402. Sounds like the Sheriff.
EVENT 1-10401
EVENT 2-10402
EVENT 3-10403
EVENT 4-10404
EVENT 5-10405
EVENT 6-10406
EVENT 7-10407
EVENT 8-10408
EVENT 9-10409
EVENT 10-10410
EVENT 11-10411
EVENT 12-10412

CanesFan95

^ Looks like those aren't in the database. If you're sure those are right, you should go ahead and submit it.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I'm observing the same thing. Sounds like HCFR now has 2 dispatch channels, maybe for different areas of the County which we'll have to figure out. It all makes sense. The County is growing and one dispatch channel is no longer enough. Getting new radios is a good opportunity to add another dispatch TG.
10542 is the main dispatch channel, by human voice. It appears on both east and west sites.

10572 is Tac 16, only on west site. They’re just testing the automated dispatching there. The channel has always existed (on EDACS as 572) but never in the database.

If you have the ability to monitor both channels simultaneously, all dispatches are being heard on both. Nothing is being segmented currently.

ccsprague

Just a little nit pick. UT doesn’t have a police department. Their campus security officers are non-sworn.
Interesting. It sounded a lot like police chatter due to them using some 10 codes back and forth with their dispatch. Their security must either be former law enforcement or TPD has a dedicated channel for when on campus. I won't be back in Hillsborough for a few weeks so I can't listen further unfortunately.

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Interesting. It sounded a lot like police chatter due to them using some 10 codes back and forth with their dispatch. Their security must either be former law enforcement or TPD has a dedicated channel for when on campus. I won't be back in Hillsborough for a few weeks so I can't listen further unfortunately.
No doubt they use codes. The tacti-cool security company I worked for used more than the police department I worked for. It was kind of silly.

TPD officers do have access to the UT channel for off-duty details but the school itself does not maintain a police department.

ccsprague

No doubt they use codes. The tacti-cool security company I worked for used more than the police department I worked for. It was kind of silly.

TPD officers do have access to the UT channel for off-duty details but the school itself does not maintain a police department.
Odd that they gave them their own talk group for such a small operation. I guess since HCSO and HCFR already invested in the P25 system it it’s basically costs nothing to allocate that talk group.

From my limited knowledge/understanding of these systems, dumbing it down it is essentially like just creating another voice channel in a Discord or TeamSpeak server?

pandel

The thing everyone is missing here is that this is an income stream for Hillsborough County. Both of these schools were on the EDACS system (for whatever reason/s) and I'm quite sure paying rent for its use. It would only make good business sense to offer them the opportunity to move before finding a new vendor.