Home Weather stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I'm using an Ambient Weather WS-1090. $115 or something on eBay. Its not top of the line or anything, but it does the job for me.

KJ6HCB

Ahhh, great thread! I am looking for a high quality home station that is preferably wireless but not a requirement. Also with the availability to link to my home network to upload data to the Internet along with hosting a weather station on site like Wunderground, etc.

I expect Ill be ponying up $200-$400 for a quality system - any help here?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

shepsvettes

Weather

I have the Davis Vantage Vue. It is wireless and reports to Weatherunderground, Hamweather, Weatherbug and a few other sites. Easy to set up and works great.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello...

I have had almost every weather station made as a kid to an adult. Hands down the easiest station to install and to put online is the Davis Vantage Pro the station with the software is going to run you about $ 600 but the ease of use and installation is unremarkable,

Peet brothers is not bad the support service is outstanding.

Now if money is not a object I go with an Earthlink AWS Weather Bug weather station but it is going to set you back $ 5,000.00.

Station I have owned.

Maximum Inc.
Davis
Peet Brothers
AWS Weatherbug
Healthkit
Seaair
Taylor

Good Luck !!

Tony

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
I second (or third or fourth or fifth) the Davis Vantage Vue. I used to own a Davis WeatherMonitor II (10 yr old wired equivalent of the Vantage Pro), and it ended up not moving out of my old house with me. I now own the Vantage Vue, which is wireless, accurate, uplinks to every imaginable online weather portal...and the transmitter battery lasts quite a while. Very happy with it.

immelmen

Another vote for the Davis Vantage Pro2. Very easy to get up and running quickly and very high quality construction. Not a single complaint.

W9NES

I use a Oregon Scientific Wireless Weather Station model WMR 80. I purchased the Weather Station at my local Radio Shack and it was on sale.

ScannaMan9

Weather station?
I just use an ambiedient weather station, but you have to find a tower nearest you.

NOAA sat:

I'd just buy any old cheap scanner that does the job. I recommend Scannermaster
Then buy a separate antenna!

KC2TEX

Reviving this thread... Currently using a Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless system. Much better than the Oregon Scientific WMR 986 it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.