HomePatrol Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5TLF

Reseat the SD card
Pull it and check that is in good working condition in a SD card reader.
If the card is ok then write what is stored on your computer in Sentinel back to the SD Card.

If the card is bad, get a new one, refer to previous step

ROSSTER

Thank you for your help, however I have cleared all data on the SD Card an still shows the SD is low of member space! Then it shows in Sental the Main Data Base is corrupted. So I gest I have broke it again!!!!

SCPD

QRT
micro sd

Take the MicroSd card out of the scanner .
Get a Microsdcard reader if you computer doesnt have one and put the card into it.
You have the card in the sd card reader right?
You may need a micro sd card adapter if it doesnt fit!
Look for the card in MY COMPUTER on your pc.
Click format.

Then go to Sentinel software and click on FORCE WRITE FULL DATABASE its usually a little blue gear.
update HPDB after that
Put card back in scanner.
Try it,if it doesnt read the card,it will say so ,sometimes the card goes in between the mount and the reader portion of the scanner,keep trying to get it seated correctly.I saw mine was going under and corrected that.

PS you cant "break it".

if you cant do this,you can get someone thats awesome at computers to do it for you,or Pm me.

ROSSTER

Take the MicroSd card out of the scanner .
Get a Microsdcard reader if you computer doesnt have one and put the card into it.
You have the card in the sd card reader right?
You may need a micro sd card adapter if it doesnt fit!
Look for the card in MY COMPUTER on your pc.
Click format.

Then go to Sentinel software and click on FORCE WRITE FULL DATABASE its usually a little blue gear.
update HPDB after that
Put card back in scanner.
Try it,if it doesnt read the card,it will say so ,sometimes the card goes in between the mount and the reader portion of the scanner,keep trying to get it seated correctly.I saw mine was going under and corrected that.

PS you cant "break it".

if you cant do this,you can get someone thats awesome at computers to do it for you,or Pm me.

That fix it thanks

ROSSTER

Now i have another problem ... Jones County Ms 39440 seem to have change something on the frequency form what the Homepatrol now has on the download form radio frequency web site... all other seam to be working now but jones dose not... Any thought?

JamesO

Now i have another problem ... Jones County Ms 39440 seem to have change something on the frequency form what the Homepatrol now has on the download form radio frequency web site... all other seam to be working now but jones dose not... Any thought?

Sorry to put it this way, the Master Database is really only for initial set up and listening as far as I am concerned. Also for folks that have NO IDEA how to program a scanner. Above and beyond that, is is mainly for easy of creating Favorite Lists as far as I am concerned.

You need to set up a Favorite List and use it. You can import everything from the Master Database and then edit, remove, add what you need.

Then if you figure out what has changed in your local area, post the info on the forum so the local information can be updated.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......

If this: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=505
is your system then nothing has changed since Oct. 2013.

Maybe you hit avoid or erased it by accident.

Try this. Open Sentinel and see if it is listed there. If so connect the unit to the PC and select write to scanner & erase favorites (check box). Then it should be back in order.

ROSSTER

phask

Premium Subscriber
If this: Jones County Trunking System, Jones County, Mississippi - Scanner Frequencies
is your system then nothing has changed since Oct. 2013.

Maybe you hit avoid or erased it by accident.

Try this. Open Sentinel and see if it is listed there. If so connect the unit to the PC and select write to scanner & erase favorites (check box). Then it should be back in order.

Nothing reported to RR has changed. If something has physically changed and not been reported , that may be the issue.

bama9999

As a couple of us have already answered in the Mississippi forum, Jones county is pretty much all TDMA now, which is not receivable by the HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.