ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

ElevatorsAndRadios

yarewesog
Premium Subscriber
As of today, I am hearing traffic on TG 2577 that appears to be South Pasadena PD dispatch. I have been using my TRX-1 to monitor the Glendale site. I have not heard anything coming from 470.9875.

Traffic on 2577 is completely in the clear.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
As of today, I am hearing traffic on TG 2577 that appears to be South Pasadena PD dispatch. I have been using my TRX-1 to monitor the Glendale site. I have not heard anything coming from 470.9875.

Traffic on 2577 is completely in the clear.

They're back on conventional channel.

ElevatorsAndRadios

yarewesog
Premium Subscriber
They're back on conventional channel.
Not anymore ;)
I heard it too... I guess if you're going to scan SPPD, it's best to scan both the conventional channel and all the ICI talkgroups given their inconsistency.
The conventional channel also seems to still be used as an access channel when the TG is in use. Also interesting how they choose to use TAC1... they even refer to it as TAC1 over the air, not "Dispatch."

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
South Pas has coverage issues so until they add a new tower in the area, they’re trying to stay on conventional. But they did have a conventional repeater issue, hence the back&forth.

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
Montebello Site - TG 2721 (Baldwin Park PD) had some activity on it tonight, all of which was encrypted. The LASO Airship was talking about it to another airship, stating Baldwin Park will be switching over to ICI in 2 weeks.

xilix

Premium Subscriber
ICI Wizards:
So when the Pasadena Cell went away (and did the cell in East Pasadena go away too?), which cell do the Pasadena units associate with ?
I see the old Pasadena analog freqs are also licensed to Mt Lukens - is that site up ? Would it be considered part of the Glendale or Burbank cell ? I am thinking that a cell = a repeater site. Do I need to change my thinking so that a cell = a group of sites ?

I'm trying to avoid putting "useless" sites/cells into the scanner and not waste my time on them. In particular, I know Verdugo Red-1 is active on certain cells regardless if a unit has associated with the cell. I'm trying to find a good cell for the Verdugo TAC channels in Pasadena.

Thanks!

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
ICI Wizards:
So when the Pasadena Cell went away (and did the cell in East Pasadena go away too?), which cell do the Pasadena units associate with ?
I see the old Pasadena analog freqs are also licensed to Mt Lukens - is that site up ? Would it be considered part of the Glendale or Burbank cell ? I am thinking that a cell = a repeater site. Do I need to change my thinking so that a cell = a group of sites ?

I'm trying to avoid putting "useless" sites/cells into the scanner and not waste my time on them. In particular, I know Verdugo Red-1 is active on certain cells regardless if a unit has associated with the cell. I'm trying to find a good cell for the Verdugo TAC channels in Pasadena.

Thanks!

Pasadena now = Glendale. GlenPas or PasaGlen depending on who you ask but officially Glendale. cell = group of sites. Glendale is pretty much your go-to for Red 2-8.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a talkgroup for Glendale PD I believe. Its talkgroup 2055 which is not in the Db.

Maybe somebody can figure it out.

2055 - ???????
2056808DGLN PD SIBPolice Special Investigations Bureau Law Tac
2057809DGLN PD TAC3Police Tac 3 Law Tac
205880aDGLN PD TAC4Police Tac 4 Law Tac
205980bDGLN PD TAC5Police Tac 5 Law Tac
206080cDGLN PD SWATPolice SWAT Law Tac
206180dDGLN PD COPPSPolice Community Police Partnership Unit Law Tac
206280eDGLN PD DPUPolice Downtown Policing Unit Law Tac
2065811DGLN PD CAR2CARCar to Car Law Tac
2067813DEGPD PD INTELPolice Intel Law Tac