ICI Trunked System - Posts your new findings here!

allend

Premium Subscriber
They are probably working out their encryption issues and going back to their main dispatch talkgroups

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Looks like additional pair of frequencies added to INSB site as user analog frequencies depreciated.
Db updated.

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
Two questions and one thing:

West Covina FD: There are some nights where I try scanning and even locking into their talkgroup, listening to them off the Montebello site and I hear traffic no problem. Then there are other nights where there is no traffic, yet they are still responding to calls and I’m still getting the trunking signal off MTB’s site, but silence. Are they simply not airing dispatches, only paging out resources, at certain times of day?

South Bay: I noticed the South Bay site is a bit weak for not being right in the South Bay area. Is South Bay simulcasting on any other sites? I noticed one of the SBAY TGs on the culver site.

Another tid bit: Whittier PD had major repeater issues on Halloween and transmissions kept getting dumped after two seconds on their analog frequency. This past Wednesday, their dispatch consoles were upgraded and units are occasionally talking to each other on the new 2761 ENC TG.

EliVonChonk

The way traffic loading is handled on ICI, is most smaller depts talkgroups are only carried on cells where a radio is affiliated to that talkgroup. West Covina primarily operates off of the ESGV cell. If none of their radios, especially at night, are affiliated to Montebello, and you scan off that cell, you won’t hear a peep. Same applies to INSB. Very few TGs are “simulcast” 24/7. It also depends on if the agency actually pays to be a roaming subscriber. Some cities don’t roam at all and are locked to their main cell.

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
The way traffic loading is handled on ICI, is most smaller depts talkgroups are only carried on cells where a radio is affiliated to that talkgroup. West Covina primarily operates off of the ESGV cell. If none of their radios, especially at night, are affiliated to Montebello, and you scan off that cell, you won’t hear a peep. Same applies to INSB. Very few TGs are “simulcast” 24/7. It also depends on if the agency actually pays to be a roaming subscriber. Some cities don’t roam at all and are locked to their main cell.

Ah I remember that now.. it was explained to me a while ago but I totally forgot/didn’t fully understand it. Thank you,

The new question is, where is the ESGV site in the database? It doesn’t seem to be in the DB, yet it seems like it’s been around for awhile.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Two questions and one thing:

West Covina FD: There are some nights where I try scanning and even locking into their talkgroup, listening to them off the Montebello site and I hear traffic no problem. Then there are other nights where there is no traffic, yet they are still responding to calls and I’m still getting the trunking signal off MTB’s site, but silence. Are they simply not airing dispatches, only paging out resources, at certain times of day?

South Bay: I noticed the South Bay site is a bit weak for not being right in the South Bay area. Is South Bay simulcasting on any other sites? I noticed one of the SBAY TGs on the culver site.

Another tid bit: Whittier PD had major repeater issues on Halloween and transmissions kept getting dumped after two seconds on their analog frequency. This past Wednesday, their dispatch consoles were upgraded and units are occasionally talking to each other on the new 2761 ENC TG.

Also, I think Whittiers analog repeater either got fixed or upgraded because their signal is so strong now which I was never able to hear at my house.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The reason its listed as Glendora is because the primary site is Johnston Peak located above the City of Glendora, and initial licences and ICIS documents made reference to Glendora.

In the Db, you will note we try to utilize city or mountain top names for sites to assist users picking the most appropriate for their location and not acronyms. For example, the South Bay site could very well be called INSB as referred to by ICI, but very few know what it stands for, so the South Bay name is more appropriate to assist users.

motobot213

Ø Manager
Premium Subscriber
INSB AES Encryption problem solved. All LE agencies are encrypted. Mutual Aid TGs not in use for dispatch for now.
Redondo PD has also completed the cutover to ICI.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Welcome to SouthBayScanner.com
Feed Provider
Anyone know if the South Bay is simulcast on any of the other ICI systems? I ask as I am just monitoring the unencrypted FD freqs (TG: 3161, 3162, 3114, 3115, 3121, 3174, 3175) and some of the voice channels (506.0125) always come in loud and clear while other voice channels (470.3125) are always very digital and only intelligible for a split second. I've already adjusted the Roam Hi/Low threshold several times to where I found that "sweet spot," but know I'm now missing out on some of the traffic coming in. I'm using a RS Pro-106 and Tram 1089 antenna mag-mounted high in the garage in Lawndale. One other bit of info, P25Com shows the South Bay as a Phase 2 flavor, but must actually be a Phase 1 as my Pro-106 isn't capable of Phase 2. P25Com also showing Adjacent Site Info (Glendale, Montebello and Santa Monica). I already tried their CC/Alternate CC to no avail. Any thoughts, suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

allend

Premium Subscriber
I am not seeing any other adjacent ICIS TRS Sites with any South Bay Fire talkgroups roaming on them. I believe all South Bay FIRE cities are on the South Bay site only unless they roam on the Mutual Aid talkgroups.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
In my own logs I have noted South Bay cities pop up on both Montebello and Santa Monica cells though its pretty random and not frequent.

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
Talked to a few Whittier PD officers who stated that they are slated to switchover to their ICI encryption sometime tomorrow morning (11/13)

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
The LASO airship pilots were attempting to assist Gardena PD the other day on a missing child, however their radios have not been updated with the AES-256 encryption yet. They were talking about utilizing “Tac 9” for communication, but the airship only had Tac 8 & Tac 10. Does anyone know if these are INSB talkgroups or the general all around ICI Mutual aids?

Additionally, Whittier PD successfully switched over on 11/13 at 0630 Hours with a final broadcast instructing units to switch to the ICI channel on their radios. Their analog channel has gone quiet since.

EliVonChonk

The LASO airship pilots were attempting to assist Gardena PD the other day on a missing child, however their radios have not been updated with the AES-256 encryption yet. They were talking about utilizing “Tac 9” for communication, but the airship only had Tac 8 & Tac 10. Does anyone know if these are INSB talkgroups or the general all around ICI Mutual aids?

Additionally, Whittier PD successfully switched over on 11/13 at 0630 Hours with a final broadcast instructing units to switch to the ICI channel on their radios. Their analog channel has gone quiet since.

INSB has their own LE Tacs but it only goes up to Tac 6. They were probably referring to ICI M/A 9.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Welcome to SouthBayScanner.com
Feed Provider
Sounds like Redondo PD finally went encrypted. I haven't heard a peep on 460.075 in over 48 hours now. The INSB Mutual Aid talkgroups have been eerily quiet as well.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Culver City Fire dispatching be taken over by South Bay Regional Communications Authority effective today December 2nd.

Dispatching will occur on South Bay Fire Dispatch talkgroup (3114)