In Reference to LIve Audio with Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSCNFLA

I love this feature. Thank you! Currently I I watch Fox News and on occasion they will broadcast a breaking news alert containing police, fire or weather events. I come to RR and search the feeds and it's a toss up finding the appropriate live feed. This feature makes it a lot easier to be on top of the action.

I have one small request for the feed providers. Would it be possible to add your local time when inserting the alert?

Utah_Viper

The Alerts list is good.... here is what could make it great:

1. Allow others that are approved by the feed provider to post updates.
2. RSS or Twitter of ALL active Alerts so when something breaks you can get on top of it.
3. Time stamp when alerts occur
4. Link from the Alert feed to the rest of the feeds in that area, and the DB entries for the area.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I was just coming here to post this same thread LOL. Streamers, please post your local time when adding an alert. Several times in the past week i've seen an alert up for hours but the incident had already concluded.

Jason

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We'll put in a fix here shortly to display the timestamps for the alerts when they were entered.

Also note that all alerts "expire" after 2 hours of being added.

scantopeka

I agree 100% on the Twitter or RSS notification. I think Twitter/SMS/Email notifications would work best. Could there be an "unofficial" Twitter account for anyone who happens to be listening to any feed to post an alert? I really like the official notifications RR does for major alerts keep it up! It would be nice to receive updates regarding less serious incidents such as pursuits or other incidents also automatically as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.