Industrial Electronics (264) NexEdge96 Trunked System

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This thread is a bit of a hot mess, that's for sure. I've mostly stopped paying attention to it. I figure if anything has anything worthwhile to contribute, it'll be submitted and I'll deal with it at that point.

These NEXEDGE systems can grow quite large (see the Mobiletech system for an example), and so there's really no reason for them to use two system IDs for a single system, especially where they're duplicating the site IDs.

Oddly though, it's not like the 448 stuff is in a group. Warning: speculation in screenshot

ietwoway448.png

u2brent

OAMPT
It would appear they are growing out a new separate system that covers a more southern PA direction, I suspect those other sites on the list in Central and SE PA may end up on this 448, Time will tell.

wirr

Database Admin
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't copy Sites 24/25 directly, gather the network/system Id from it did you? That's how things get added to the database. We can suspect a lot of things, but somebody needs to confirm by directly monitoring something... usually.
Correct, I didn't, but it appeared that somebody did, so I was nudging them to submit.

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Correct, I didn't, but it appeared that somebody did, so I was nudging them to submit.

That would be me. But with only a TRX-1 I couldn't accurately pin down the cc. I still keep notes though. I had planned on doing others such as the other two In Tioga county, but that plan fell apart some time ago.

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Oddly though, it's not like the 448 stuff is in a group. Warning: speculation in screenshot

I should mention that having programmed Horseheads apart from the L264 sites I have a different set of TG;s. For Horseheads I only have 8. Additionally, those TG's do not match the 170 I have for the L264 sites or the confirmed TG's listed in the DB. The most active recently has been TG 30. The list of RID's is short as well.

Also, there is a note toward the bottom of the Google Spreadsheet concerning site 2. I have logged a number of Voice frequencies over the last year or so. They all have a RAN 2. and they can be found on WPLY905 and WPMX818 . I haven't looked at White Haven but it would appear that Tunkhannock is the correct location.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
461.9500 Sys 264, Site 25, RAN 25
Some good conditions today coming into Southern Ontario. Right now I believe I am hearing Site 25 for Industrial Electronics Trunking System, Various, Multi-State. I am not sure if this is coming in from the NY side or the PA side but from what I have been hearing tonight I am going to guess its from the NY side. Unfortunately I am not picking it up with on my SDR so I can't tell who are the neighbouring sites, etc.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I also heard Sys 448 tonight, Site 18, RAN 18 around the same time as when I heard sys 264 Site 25.

Matt

Looking at the FCC records I see two licenses that Sys 448 Site 18 could be, either Elmer or Galeton both in Potter County about 1/2 hr from each other.

Matt

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Oh shoot sory.. 461.5375

Matt

Thanks. I'm guessing Galeton, simply because Elmer and Galeton have the same freqs, the Galeton license is newer, and a construction notification was filed for Galeton suggesting it was online or soon to be online around the same time that the 448 stuff was popping up. But I could be wrong. One site might be up on 448 and one might be up on 264.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
@firemantom26 copied 448-3 RAN 3 462.0875 CC today. That'll likely be eiither Wallacetown (Clearfield) or Belleville (Mifflin). Could be Williamsport (Lycoming), but I have a feeling Williamsport (when discovered) is going to be a part of the 264 NID and not the 448 NID.

Some decent tropo this morning. If one is inclined, check out 462.0875 and see if you can 448-3 site details on it.

L448-3 ; RAN 3
462.0875 CC
Neighbors:
448-1 ; CC=586 (could be Renovo, Benton or Montrose, but likely Renovo or Benton)
448-2 ; CC=516 (could be Dunmore, Coudersport or Tunkhannock but likely Coudersport)

It's a weak sig from Ohio, so there may be more neighbors (448-5 and 448-11 would be logical neighbors if this site were Wallacetown or Belleville)

M

Last edited:

BM82557

@firemantom26 copied 448-3 RAN 3 462.0875 CC today. That'll likely be eiither Wallacetown (Clearfield) or Belleville (Mifflin). Could be Williamsport (Lycoming), but I have a feeling Williamsport (when discovered) is going to be a part of the 264 NID and not the 448 NID.

Some decent tropo this morning. If one is inclined, check out 462.0875 and see if you can 448-3 site details on it.

L448-3 ; RAN 3
462.0875 CC
Neighbors:
448-1 ; CC=586 (could be Renovo, Benton or Montrose, but likely Renovo or Benton)
448-2 ; CC=516 (could be Dunmore, Coudersport or Tunkhannock but likely Coudersport)

It's a weak sig from Ohio, so there may be more neighbors (448-5 and 448-11 would be logical neighbors if this site were Wallacetown or Belleville)

M

448-11 still shows neighbors of 5 and 8 this morning --

Screenshot - 10_29_2022 , 9_17_47 AM.png

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm adding network ID 448 (dec) to the DB now. For now it will be in staging and not visible to the public. Once I think it's ready to go I'll get with @GTR8000 and see what he thinks. I definitely think it's time to be added to the DB -- and probably time to split it out into a new thread (which I may consider doing if I can manage to gather each/every reference to 448 from this thread).