Jackson County Radio system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRayfield

" find it interesting that a self-proclaimed veteran of a business that sells to public safety didn't even know what APCO 16 feature sets were. You claim to have been in the radio business for how long? Can you tell me what the STAT-ALERT feature set is availble on Motorola conventional radios since the late 1980's is? What is MDC1200, MODAT, etc? What features exist in Project 25 conventional radio systems that mimic or enhance Project 16? That ought to keep you Googling for a while. What is an MDC terminal used for?"

".... An 'access control system' is available from a third-party MotoTRBO developer. I guess those who have been 'pirated' need to purchase an access control system."

John

John,

Show me where I questioned your being in the business. If you read your own posts, YOU were the one who volunteered this into the discussion, toting your "expertise" and "experience".

I was debating the facts, and am not interested in what you, or anyone else does for a living as these are deflection sidebar attempts. But since YOU brought it up, I thought it was fair game.

And you said yourself MotoTRBO does not offer ASK support, or use system keys, and in fact is as easy as programming a conventional radio using the correct CTCSS/DCS tones if one knows the correct frequency. Which is in fact, the case. How do I know this? I know personally of two MotoTRBO repeaters (LMR/BMR NOT ham) that are suffering from pirates who were able to do just as you said: program up an XPR with pirated copies of CPS and cheap Ebay cables and yak away.

And this is the system Jackson county should rely upon and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to?

It doesn't support industry standard encryption. It doesn't do anything but line pockets of those trying to push it. It isn't what is needed here and Motorola and it's dealers are doing a major disservice pushing this stuff when the State of Georgia and many metro areas (Jackson county falls just outside the Atlanta UASI) are in the process of building out a viable 700/800MHz Astro 25 DTRS.

MotoTURDO is not compatible with this, and never will be. Tell me again why we should waste our money on this again?

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
so you reiterated what was already established, MotoTRBO has virtually NO SECURITY out of the box and requires third party hardware/software to prevent unauthorized programming and access.

Thanks Mr. Car salesman. I think you've just about run out of gas.

It was fun. Some of us really do have jobs to do. As KC4WAI said so well, I find it amusing how so many self-promoting "engineers" and "consultants" have hours upon hours to devote to justifying their existence to an internet forum of radio hobbyists.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well MTS2000des and JRayfield, I think you both have spent enough time beating on your chests proclaiming who knows more or better. I'm closing this thread to keep you guys from pissing in the wind any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.