Kent & Sussex Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3j

I've got KCC & Sussex County talk groups programmed using the database, but I'm not hearing anything from Sussex at all. I live in Smyrna and should be able to hear them, at least from time to time. I have an external antenna with good feedline.

I get occassional receptions from the medics....but not hearing any fire dispatch or responding units. I'm thinking that since I have all of the TG's programmed, I'm missing it due to the delay in scanning.

So...anyone willing to share the important TG's for fire disaptch in Kent & Sussex Counties? I'm not needing all of the private FD TG's...use the tones, major used tg's.

Thanks!

Jim
wb3j

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Jim, a few obvious questions come to mind - what scanner/software are you using? It's rather hard to diagnose issues like this...if this is a programming issue, a file dump will usually show things up rather quickly...

Did you also check the Phillyscanner eBook, which has an extensive section on Delaware? You can buy it for a one time fee from Scanner Master, and it's well worth having. Without going into the details, there are many TGs (at least for the PD stuff) there that are not in our database; likely a similar case for fire.... 73 Mike

Last edited:

wb3j

Hi Mike...

I'm using a 996 & 996xt with Butel software (both versions for each scanner since they aren't compatible).

I downloaded the database from here, the State of DE Public Safety....but there are so many TG's in the fire section I'm guessing the scan time is delayed....and I'm not hearing what I want.

So...what I'm looking for is just the fire dispatch TGID....maybe the "active" fire ground, etc. Looking at the database, there are a lot in there, firepolice, etc., that I want to eliminate. Some don't have enough info
in the Alpha tag field to identify it.

Jim

pinetree

My suggestion would be is to use the convential freqs. for dispatch both in Kent and Sussex. Living in Smyrna it is very hard to get the Sussex TGs unless they would be on the Milford tower. I would use the rptr. from Blades to get the normal talk. I would only put in the TGs and freqs from Kent to get good coverage in Kent.

wb3j

My suggestion would be is to use the convential freqs. for dispatch both in Kent and Sussex. Living in Smyrna it is very hard to get the Sussex TGs unless they would be on the Milford tower. I would use the rptr. from Blades to get the normal talk. I would only put in the TGs and freqs from Kent to get good coverage in Kent.

453.500 for the Blades repeater you mentioned?

Jim

pinetree

The best TRS rptr. for Sussex are
154.20500 Blades FD Blades Fire Simulcast FM
453.22500 Indian River Fire Simulcast FM
as posted here in RRef.
If you have any questions let me know.

baydog

The highlighted talk groups in the attached screenshot are the ones that I used when we are in Rehoboth.

Attachments

• Sussex Fire-EMS Talk Groups.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.