Kentucky Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the rr.com family KE.... When you get settled in, when you get the chance, could you take a look at the train listings for your end of the state and see what needs to be fixed? Thanx, and tell the hills hello for me....

martynxox

Martyn K4TEC here now down south in Whitley County
I am heavily involved in retail of Ham Radio equipment
For a scanner I use a Uniden Home Patrol 2 with discone up at about 35ft
radio is very quiet down here as I believe most PDs are using the Kenwood system, if anyone has any useful info they would like to share I am always open to advise on whats needed to now monitor the local PD, Right now I believe Post 11 has issues or they have changed something as broadcasts are very low compared to normal.
Anyway Hi Group.

arzengr

Back at it

Back at the mix again. I am a Tech Class Amateur Radio operator. I also listen to the local emergency services frequencies. I have tried to listen for the longest time to military P25ip frequencies using my Uniden 796D but can not get the frequencies to take. I have tried on Fort Leonard Wood, MO; Fort Riley, KS; and Fort Knox, KY. I guess it just is not in my ability. I am located in central Meade County (S.W. of Louisville). I am in the process of getting my "shack" back up and running to its former glory. After I moved from FLW to Riley my time was spent getting ready to go to the sand box, and again when I got to Knox. While I was over there last time, my antenna was struck by lightning. I have a replacement now, just have to wait for good weather to get it up. Hoping to get back into APRS or echolink in the near future. I just got a AOR AR-8200 and I am trying to figure it out. Hope everyone in KY is doing ok.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome home... thanx for your service. Altho the 796 is a good radio it won't track the current military P25 systems... You' ll need to upgrade to one of the newer scanners...

copperhd

Premium Subscriber
Eastern KY, post 14, Boyd county, Ashland KY pd &fire, Cabell & Wayne county WV pd, & marine traffic on the Ohio / Big Sandy rivers during weather events.

jcarpenter2

Battletown (Meade County), KY

New owner of a HomePatrol 2 for Christmas and since ive looked into scanners and ham in the past i knew of this sight and figured it was time to create an account and join in the conversations. I am a bit away from civilization so i did swap out the stock antenna with an 800 mhz from radio shack and though it is receiving a bit better i think i need to get higher so i also bought a discone but need to figure out the best way to get it high enough plus which cable would be best. I'll definitely be using all your info on this sight for some research:)

w4hln

Premium Subscriber
W4HLN Nicholasville KY, I used to do a lot of HF ham radio stuff now getting back into monitoring FM and Shortwave. Figured Ky Group would be a good place for my first post!

Have lots of HF amateur radios but mainly use an Icom Ic-7000 to monitor local air/railroad and Bizz stuff on...Will be investing in a new scanner or two in the next few weeks.

Ernie / W4HLN

w4jde

Jeff W4JDE in Madisonville, KY

Just got a BCD536.
Anyone in this area have any suggestions etc. for listening to stations close to me? I have uploaded the RR freqs to the scanner but would like to know of any suggestions to enhance my listening experience anyone might have as far as settings for tweaking etc.

Great site!

sound_efex

Welcome to the forum, Jeff. I've recently purchased a 536hp myself. Trying to adjust to the learning curve right now. I would suggest hanging out in the Uniden forum for awhile and reading up on other user experiences and maybe doing a search for the 536hp.

Good luck.

bdfd236

Harrison KY4WHT from Beaver Dam.

I Monitor Ohio Co & all other surrounding counties, as well as maintain the county's NXDN System. I'm a FF/EMT on Beaver Dam Fire Dept, and Deputy Director Ohio Co EM.

Arkk

ØGreatUnitsØ
calling unitcharlie or trashman!

can one of you guys please find out the Anderson Co. EMS OPS frequency and RAN code and let me know so I can put it into my radio. Thanks so much!

MarkieMo

Dumb Newbie here listening on my new Home Patrol 2 to Hopkins County, Caldwell County, Trig County, Mulenburg County, etc. I live in Dawson Springs(Hopkins County) in the extreme western part of KY. It is wonderful to be able to hear counties that my old Bearcat BC 855 XLT wouldn't pick up! lol A SPECIAL THANKS to member ofd8001 for setting me up with a HPE file that will work in our county!!! I will shut up now & leave you all alone for now. Take care everyone & have a great night/day, Mark

kymarkh

Premium Subscriber
Been a lurker for quite a while just starting to post. I monitor Kenton, Boone and Campbell counties as well as Cincinnati and southwest Ohio area. Have a bc75xlt now but ready to upgrade.

Pleasure to meet you all,

Mark

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SenorMoofer

Been around here for sometime guess I might as well speak up. I live in Georgetown, Ky host the the Georgetown police, Sheriff and EMS feed on here. Looking to possibly start the fire feed sometime in the future as well.

Also monitor Norfolk and Southern pretty heavily as I enjoy trains as a hobby.

Wackodrumr

can one of you guys please find out the Anderson Co. EMS OPS frequency and RAN code and let me know so I can put it into my radio. Thanks so much!

Sorry bub... All of Anderson County is fully encrypted NxEdge.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Hello all I live on the hardin breckinridge co line. I listen to breck co hardin meade grayson KSP The louisville trs and a few private company's i work for

cookjames35

Premium Subscriber
I live in casey co ky just wondering to hear Columbia post 15 from here what frequency do I need to input

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
See: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=720

Look for the Post 15 section and in the description you'll see several channels with transmitters in Casey County.

If it was me, I'd probably program all the Post channels at first and then fine tune it. Every so often a transmitter goes out and an adjacent county transmitter has to fill in for you.

And I'm sure you know they use "B" channel as the primary and the "A" channels as alternates if something significant is happening on B, like a pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.