Kentucky Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Been around here quite a while for the info. Finally decided to sign up when I saw some questions I could help with.

I have a uniden bcd996t with just about anything and everything I can hear on it programmed in. But for around the clock monitoring : KSP post 9, Pike Sheriff, Pikeville PD, Pike FDs, Pike EMS, KY Fish & WIldlife, WVSP, Mingo WV Sheriff, Williamson PD, Mingo FDs, Mingo EMS, WV Dividion of Natural Resources and Norfolk & Southern Railroad Police. Used to monitor Hatfield& Mccoy Trail Rangers , but it seems they've switch freqs on me.

Anyway, great site, plenty of info and good people. Thanks for all.

I'll be nice and say welcome. May wanna add some freq's for CSX if you got the room.

radioman407

I'm in Corbin. I monitor Public Safety, HAM. With a Kenwood TK-2170 and TK-6170 and a old B.C. scanner. witch are almost useless because of Narrow Banding 12.5 - 6.25 and NEXTEDGE.

iindica211

Jessamine County here guys nice to meet you all. I'm new to the forum and had some questions.
I was told jessamine county went digital. I went to radio shack to see about some digital scanners and the guy there told me that the police,ems and fd was scrambling there messages and even with a digital scanner i probably wont pick anything up. Is this true if i buy one will i not be able to pick anything up? I would also like some kind suggestions on what scanner to buy. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
First, iindica211, welcome to radioreference.com.... Gotta love the technical information from Rat Shack.... Most of the Public Safety folks in Jessamine County have switched to Nexedge which is a digital protocol current scanners can't monitor... Jessamine Sheriff is still analog and sometimes I hear County Fire analog when they dispatch.... (Garrard Fire is still analog but Law has gone NXDN as well...) I'd recommend a digital capable scanner if you are going to buy one (Scanner Master has the PSR 500 and PSR 600 at good prices right now)... You'll hear KSP, the new Madison TRS (depending upon where you are in Jessamine County), many analog agencies as well in the vicinity....

iindica211

Thank you the scanner looks nice and not a bad price. If I buy it I wont be able to listen in on any Nexedge systems like the law and fd? I have a scanner not digital but i am picking up some stuff with it..

Do all scanners gotta be programed to scan certain freq or are there some that will just scan all freq?

Sorry for any silly questions I used to listen to scanners with my papa as a kid all the time and here recently my buddy had a hand held laying around and gave it to me. I must say after getting it set up and listening it has brought back some memorys and has got me wanting to buy a good one.

ku4a

Kentucky roll call

I monitor just about everything here in Lexington. Of course, Lexington police have a lot of work to do and is very interesting to follow. I have analog, APCO 25 digital and trunking scanners so am able to receive just about everything. With outdoor antennas I hear a lot, even into Ohio and Indiana.

I am the feed provider for the "Lexington Police" feed here on RadioReference. I also provide the two Lexington receivers on GlobalTuners (GlobalTuners - On-line remotely controlled tuners).

Chris
KU4A

iindica211

ku4a
Hell yea thats cool man. I say you hear a lot of interesting stuff listening to lexington and be able to listen that far away.

hendron241

I am from McCracken County, currently serve on a department there. Been going to school in Richmond for some time now and have been running with a department there as well.

Duramaxman

Premium Subscriber
Coming from Perry Co here, I listen to just about anything that my good ol' Pro 106 will pick up. My favorite thing is KSP, post 13 but of course thats the one I have the most trouble picking up.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
I saw you today on Hurstborne :) I was going to look you up when I came home. I'm KC9UZB.

Kj4yls

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A403 Safari/8536.25)

Live in Lincoln County, work in Fayette County, fight fire in Madison County, National Guard Medic in Frankfort. Obviously I drive A LOT! Listen/talk on ham repeaters, monitor local emergency freqs, not a fan of the new Madison County system.

Yaesu FT-60
Yaesu FT-2900 (Mounted in Jeep)
Harris P7300
Bearcat 350c (Ol' Reilable, At Home)

iconbadgta

Harlan co area here! Plan to go to my first Ham club meeting on the 2nd.....

Baofeng uv5ra for equipment for now, plan to upgrade soon to a yaseu or kenwood!

Ham License coming soon! Just listening and learning my handheld for now!

KiloEcho4ZDJ

Pike County here. Im an amateur radio operator and also monitor all the fire, ems, police, and railroads in the county and some into southwest Virginia, and Western WV. I also have an online feed going covering CSX and Norfolk Southern railroads in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.