Kentucky Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Steve and Monty, welcome to both of you.... you'll find this is the perfect place to be.... Monty, I'd recommend using WIN96 (Don's software is easy to use) to program your 2096 (you'll need the cable, also).... that way you can tweak your program and share loads with other folks as well.... the two "next best" investments I made were the programming software and cable!

chrizby

New guy

I live in louisville Ky, and picked up a RS-106 back in dec 08. My first scanner and I am completely hooked. Look forward to sharing scanner info in the future.
See ya

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to rr.com and a very obsessive hobby.... there are a number of folks in Louisville who can help you with specific questions... and a bunch of users in the area who can help you get your feet wet....

BigDog-911

I live in louisville Ky, and picked up a RS-106 back in dec 08. My first scanner and I am completely hooked. Look forward to sharing scanner info in the future.
See ya

I live in Louisville as well. It is very easy to get hooked...Welcome to the board and welcome to the addiction. We need to start a 12 step program for scanning....

squad546

Louisville Metro Fire does sound interesting, unfortunately all I can get is some dispatches on 154.445 when the weather is right over here! Welcome to the forum!

Drewstang

Hello all. I'm a new guy to the forums, but I've been using a scanner for many years. I started listening to radio traffic in Louisville and surrounding cities when I was a Police Explorer for a now defunct city inside Louisville. I then joined a Vol. Fire Department in Jefferson county, and listened to many incidents take place. I took a break for a while, and mainly used my scanners to listen in if something was going on around my house. I'm now back on a different Fire Department to stay, and looking to upgrade my equipment for the Metro Safe (800mhz) system that will be implemented any day now (rolls eyes.)

I look forward to meeting some of you from the area, and learning about all the new technology in monitoring equipment.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to rr.com, Drewstang.... plenty of folks in the Louisville Metro to help you, if not ask in the Kentucky forum, plenty of help there as well! From experience, it takes about six months to get a handle on things, that is moving the information from the crawling level to the instinct level...

wilddan

p25

Hi Stickman..... welcome to the forums.... understand the ringing in the ears after a few hours... could you look at the KSP listings and make sure we have them sorted properly? I hear Post 15 in a freq that is listed as Post 7.... you are right, the digital sounds really nice.....

The mayfield fire went to the p25. is there a way you can hear when they dispatch calls? it is digital.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Been on here for awhile, just haven't introduced myself. Boyd Co resident, old 16ch scanner monitoring/broadcasting Boyd County Police, Fire, & EMS, plus a 200-channel analog Pro-404 monitoring the same, along with all AAR railroad frequencies, banks specified to CSXT & NS, as well as KHTS Huntington Tri-State, KDWU Ashland Regl Arpt UNICOM, & other locals, plus two open banks for the Dayton Air Show in July.. would love to have a good pair of digital scanners though, one for at home broadcasts, & one for mobile use while on-the-go & at the airshow.

firedawg0069

I scan Ksp-post 4, edmonson, butler, allen, barren, and warren with B.G. being the only trunked system I keep a close watch on. My RS pro 96 makes it all very simple. I haven't been scanning very long, almost feel like I do not deserve such a nice scanner,...ALMOST! Pricy, but well worth hearing what the others miss. Scanning started out in a foreign language for me, still puzzling at times. Good thing for me that the Pro 96 is almost automatic. Harley gal here--LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES.(got my own sporty) GO WILDCATS-cut me and I bleed blue!-fan since joe b hall and struttin' with sutton.

those counties are covered by post 3 out of BG not post 4

abbydabby

post 9 pikeville any one in the southeast area post 9 area could put ksp on rr. born an raised elkhorn city for 36 years moved to fla due to health close to family. dispatched post nine in the 60s old vhf 154.68 an 44.62 kind of homesick thanks kenton

r0g75

Been around here quite a while for the info. Finally decided to sign up when I saw some questions I could help with.

I have a uniden bcd996t with just about anything and everything I can hear on it programmed in. But for around the clock monitoring : KSP post 9, Pike Sheriff, Pikeville PD, Pike FDs, Pike EMS, KY Fish & WIldlife, WVSP, Mingo WV Sheriff, Williamson PD, Mingo FDs, Mingo EMS, WV Dividion of Natural Resources and Norfolk & Southern Railroad Police. Used to monitor Hatfield& Mccoy Trail Rangers , but it seems they've switch freqs on me.

Anyway, great site, plenty of info and good people. Thanks for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.