Kenwood TK-840 Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
So, I bought a Kenwood TK-840(N) off eBay.. not sure at all what the N stands for, but I have downloaded the programming software, and DosBox. I plugged the programming cable into the radio, and plugged the USB into the PC. I changed the COM port from COM4 to COM2, as it only supports 1 and 2. I pressed read from radio with it plugged in, and on, and it says could not connect.. Can anyone help?

If you are wondering what I'm using it for, it's for school. I am making a "base station" at school for a thing we do called bus duty. The name says it all, you call the buses.

I can't even get the darn thing to read, could someone help?

I'll add pictures of it in comments.

QHaba

Premium Subscriber
Here is a picture, sorry if it's hard to see..

Attachments

• WIN_20190412_17_27_43_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190412_17_27_43_Pro.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 17

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
So, I bought a Kenwood TK-840(N) off eBay.. not sure at all what the N stands for, but I have downloaded the programming software, and DosBox. I plugged the programming cable into the radio, and plugged the USB into the PC. I changed the COM port from COM4 to COM2, as it only supports 1 and 2. I pressed read from radio with it plugged in, and on, and it says could not connect.. Can anyone help?

If you are wondering what I'm using it for, it's for school. I am making a "base station" at school for a thing we do called bus duty. The name says it all, you call the buses.

I can't even get the darn thing to read, could someone help?

I'll add pictures of it in comments.

Likely you need a serial cable. DOS and USB don’t play easily together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.