KSP Post 12 Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
When we're these last updated. I have put these in and they don't work. They have new ones that are suppose to be "secret".

jerk

When we're these last updated. I have put these in and they don't work. They have new ones that are suppose to be "secret".
Here a list of their licenses. Best way to find the frequencies you seek, is to do a search yourself. And you might want to put the surrounding Counties in as well. What County Post are you wanting to monitor.

<http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/General_Menu_Reports/license_search_out.cfm?service_select=%25&soundex_select=&state_select=&zip_select=&frn_select=0004070215&begin_grant_date=&end_grant_date=&begin_expiration_date=&end_expiration_date=&limit_select=4&sortstring=%2C+lic_name%2C+file_num>

SCPD

QRT
Post 12 Shelby County area. someone said that people will never be able to find the frequencies but I'm not sure how they could have a "private system"

jerk

453. 3000

Some of these are statewide, but one or more should be working. Report back and let people here know which ones work.

Also you need a digital scanner, and if a Uniden, Tone search MUST be turned off otherwise you'll just get static.

And Steve, check out this license WQAFS637

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Check your email.... I sent you an .xls file with the freqs you should be able to monitor from Shelby County for KSP.... You must have a digital scanner to monitor KSP. What kind of scanner are you using? I listened to KSP overnight, Posts 4 thru 8 and Post 12. There is no secret system in place for KSP.... there are a people on this board who are more than willing to help you in your quest... you haven't responded to my email nor my pm asking for information to make that help possible. I learned a long time ago to question the validity of statements attributed to "people have told me" and "someone" when they appear out-of-the blue saying something is wrong.... Please, what kind of scanner are you using to try to monitor KSP, brand name and model; how are you entering these freqs (they must be entered as FM, not as part of a trunked system).

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
WQFS637 is the KSP operation at the Kentucky Speedway....

Here's one I posted in the unidentified freqs thread:
Jefferson County
Commonwealth of Kentucky WQJB936
Transportation Cabinet
"FOR COMMUNICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO OFFICIAL HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE ACTIVITY"
Control Points: 600 S. PRESTON ST. and MILEPOST 18.65 ON I64 WEST
220.80250 (FB2) 221.80250 (FX1)
220.84750 (FB2) 221.84750 (FX1)
220.82250 (FB2) 221.82250 (FX1)

jerk

WQFS637 is the KSP operation at the Kentucky Speedway....

Here's one I posted in the unidentified freqs thread:
Jefferson County
Commonwealth of Kentucky WQJB936
Transportation Cabinet
"FOR COMMUNICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO OFFICIAL HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE ACTIVITY"
Control Points: 600 S. PRESTON ST. and MILEPOST 18.65 ON I64 WEST
220.80250 (FB2) 221.80250 (FX1)
220.84750 (FB2) 221.84750 (FX1)
220.82250 (FB2) 221.82250 (FX1)

That's what I though, wasn't sure if in database.
I think those 220 MHz are those temperature, road surface monitors. Indiana has them with Yagi's pointing to who knows where. And they have website so you can the temp and wind speed.

I'll have do do a frequency search near next time I get time.

jerk

Post 12 Shelby County area. someone said that people will never be able to find the frequencies but I'm not sure how they could have a "private system"

If they are regular frequencies, it would take a few transmissions and I would have them in my scanner. When the local police switched frequencies here, people were searching with scanner. A frequency counter had them in less than a half/hour.

Somebody is pulling your leg.

SCPD

QRT
Okay. Where did you get these?? I have a radio shack scanner PRO-135 200 Channel Hand-Held Scanner

jerk

Okay. Where did you get these?? I have a radio shack scanner PRO-135 200 Channel Hand-Held Scanner
You have the wrong type of scanner. It does not work on digital systems.
That's why you been receiving static like sounds.

You need a Pro-96 or Pro 2096 or one of the new GRE 500/600 or a Uniden 996 or 396
Nothing else will work.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
You must have a digital scanner to monitor KSP.... I listened to KSP overnight, Posts 4 thru 8 and Post 12. There is no secret system in place for KSP....
I am listening to KSP Frankfort, KSP Richmond and KSP Campbelsburg as I type this, and have been all afternoon, in fact most of the day since about midnight...

You have the wrong type of scanner. It does not work on digital systems. That's why you been receiving static like sounds.
You need a Pro-96 or Pro 2096 or one of the new GRE 500/600 or a Uniden 996 or 396
Nothing else will work.

You need to purchase a digital capable scanner as Alan points out.... with that in hand there are people willing to help you although you appear reluctant to avail yourself of the help offered thus far... Bottom line: until you have a digital scanner in hand you will not be able to monitor KSP, period.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for your help - whats the cheapest digital scanner out there that you can monitor KSP??

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
You'll pay about $500 new for the PSR 500, PRO 96 or Uniden 396 (click on the blue underlined items for a direct link) or their base counterparts (PSR 600/PRO 2096/Uniden 996) from Scanner Master (click on the Scanner link in the navigation bar on the left) or Universal Radio or Rat Shack. or you can look in the For Sale forum on rr.com and find them cheaper, or look on ebay for the same (buyer beware).... It would probably be better for you to buy a new radio so you have a warranty period to protect yourself in case something is wrong or you just don't like the radio.... Scanner Master is a supporter of this site. If you buy a PRO series scanner add about 30 bucks for a programming cable and another 30 to 35 bucks for the programming software (you'll be happy you have it)... the PSRs and Unidens come with a cable and there is a good free software for the 396 (bctool)... The PRO 96 is the easiest to use among the scanners listed but can't do things the others do, each has it's good and bad points...

With any of these scanners there are files of freqs already assembled by members who will probably be willing to share them with... or you can buy a premium membership and download the systems and arrange them as you please....

Either way there are people in rr.com who can and will help.... there are very few people in here who haven't asked for help, it isn't demeaning, it is a fact of life for beating the learning curve with the complex radios in use today...

crcarter

.... You must have a digital scanner to monitor KSP. What kind of scanner are you using? I listened to KSP overnight, Posts 4 thru 8 and Post 12. There is no secret system in place for KSP.... I learned a long time ago to question the validity of statements attributed to "people have told me" and "someone" when they appear out-of-the blue saying something is wrong....

I have a friend who works as a Trooper. One day while I was riding my John Deere, I was listening to him and two other troopers BSing about cases they were working on, who they could trust, who they couldn't, where they were going to get a search warrant for (you get the idea)....

I drove to Post the next day and had lunch with him and told him about what they had talked about for over a hour. He couldn't believe I had heard all that. He claimed I must have been with another Trooper because they had told him in the academy, "Nobody can listen to these new digital radios". Since then it has been a lot less entertaining listening to KSP ;-)

jerk

I have a friend who works as a Trooper. One day while I was riding my John Deere, I was listening to him and two other troopers BSing about cases they were working on, who they could trust, who they couldn't, where they were going to get a search warrant for (you get the idea)....

I drove to Post the next day and had lunch with him and told him about what they had talked about for over a hour. He couldn't believe I had heard all that. He claimed I must have been with another Trooper because they had told him in the academy, "Nobody can listen to these new digital radios". Since then it has been a lot less entertaining listening to KSP ;-)

And who's fault is that? :wink:
Just think of all you could still hear if you just kept listening.
What the troopers didn't know was the scanner listeners gain. Don't be surprised if it's in the budget for encryption down the road either.

crcarter

And who's fault is that? :wink:
Just think of all you could still hear if you just kept listening.
What the troopers didn't know was the scanner listeners gain. Don't be surprised if it's in the budget for encryption down the road either.

I just wanted him to be aware that the bad guys buy scanners too.

The way they are pleading poverty in Frankfort, I don't believe encryption will happen anytime soon (if ever).

Status
Not open for further replies.