listening to lojack on a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPD1

Back years ago, I knew some t-hunter guys that would try to find these. They were actually pretty good at it, but... usually it would lead them to a less than great area, and they would chicken out. :) Nowadays the cities with air support have the best luck. Since they're flying around anyway, they just leave the DF'r on... and the range at altitude picks up transmitters for miles. They hone in and let the guys on the ground take it from there.

adcockfred

Our repo guys here in Houston, aka Head Hunters, went to the first gen of lpr. Like the cameras mounted on the outside of the car. Just like HPD's first lpr cars. Anyhow back to the head hunters, they have all this in a little bitty car, but it works. So they drive the complexes, then call the segment wrecker for the cars, than move on to the next complex. the wheel lifts stage the cars out of the complex for the roll back. They have contract repos and non contract repos. It is quite an operation, they run all night.

ecps92

Yup and Prev threads on Lo/Jack , I mentioned we (LE Agencies and Lo/Jack) used the old Radio Shack weather Cubes to track, when the Cruisers kept going in circles (Parking Garages, Storage Sheds etc)

Back years ago, I knew some t-hunter guys that would try to find these. They were actually pretty good at it, but... usually it would lead them to a less than great area, and they would chicken out. :) Nowadays the cities with air support have the best luck. Since they're flying around anyway, they just leave the DF'r on... and the range at altitude picks up transmitters for miles. They hone in and let the guys on the ground take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.