LMRN General Discussion

gary123

It looks like the site numbers are going to follow the FleetNet site numbering scheme and the same for TGs as well. This will make identifying the sites and users a lot easier.

Forts has a good point keep an eye on the alt CC freq for your local site. It looks like its being used as the new main CC for the LMRN.

Let's hope the install guys are doing site maintenance too. Several of the sites are in need of antenna work and such.

gary123

Wonder when Oxford will be?

Hopefully a long time unless your tired of being able to monitor the activity :) . My guess is once the Essex County is done and tested the roll out will happen pretty quickly with a county done per week/2 weeks.

Thatsclear

I've been monitoring this system for a few weeks now. Windsor Essex Chatham-Kent is the testing grounds. All 3 sites are up and active. OPP and EMS are currently getting their new radios installed starting this week and to be finishing the counties up by the end of the year and switched over by January.

Was also talk of adding a new site to Leamington and possibly Pelee Island to fill in coverage issues for primary EMS.
And as we all know I'm sure we won't be able to monitor anyone once they switch. Not sure if the old system will be patched to the new or not but this is indeed the "new FleetNet"

Been monitoring all 3 sites and no activity on Chatham or Essex towers as of yet. All only off the Windsor site for now until radios are in and the switch is made.
Will the system settings for the Type II system work for the P25 as well? (Base freq, Hi, Lo, etc.)

Can I just change the control channel and system to P25? I am using a Whistler TRX-1

Thank you!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You don't need those settings for a P25 system. Just put in the control channel and go basically.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
Do you think municipal agencies like London Fire Service will switch to that system?

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Do you think municipal agencies like London Fire Service will switch to that system?

It's likely just migrating current FleetNet users over to a new system. There's been nothing to suggest local systems would move over to it.

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
It's likely just migrating current FleetNet users over to a new system. There's been nothing to suggest local systems would move over to it.

Well, hopefully it will stay that way. I listen to them as well as the Middlesex County Fire all the time. I would really hate losing them, especially since I live so close to station 7.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Not sure why you'd think London Fire or anyone would move over to LMRN for? As this is a direct replacement for all FleetNet users. If they are FleetNet right now.. they will be going to LMRN. If they are not on FleetNet, they wont be on LMRN.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Many years ago the government decided that they didn't want any non-provincial agencies using Fleetnet. Guelph and others were forced to find alternatives. It's highly unlikely that FleetNet's replacement will change that policy.

TD

Premium Subscriber
Hello All
Just wondering about this system can the BC396T able to listen to it?
If so wondering what software everybody is using to upload to scanner? I have ProScan but I can't even locate that system.
Thanks.

ATCTech

The 396T won't do P25 Phase 2 if the system is exclusively that format, so no dice.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
What scanner out there will pickup this system?

If the system is fully encrypted, I wouldn't be jumping to buy a new scanner. See how it plays out in the coming months. Here's the supported scanners that will handle Phase 2.

1607529390193.png