London RCMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
7,120
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Ontario, Canada
Best I can tell they are usually on the 'L' channels. Check the database for the common RCMP stuff. It's typically all P25 encrypted as well (along with the occasional old GE AEGIS digital)
 

Muxlow

Super Secret
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
2,038
Reaction score
559
Location
Middlesex County
I wish i had my aegis orion still..
Few times i caught them non enc but in digital voice with that thing.
Was nice. Felt special lol
 

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
7,120
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Ontario, Canada
I think G5 is a somewhat common type channel.. I've heard it used in Sarnia and other places for units booking on/off etc etc. The other traffic (that is normally encrypted) is usually on the L channels.
 

moonbounce

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
84
Aren't the "L" channels the survaillance channels in the 425 to 425 Mhz area?
 

moonbounce

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
84
Thanks ve3tej, I used to have it on two scanners. but some how I lost them.
i looked on the data base but couldn't find it. Thanks again.

Moonbounce
 

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
7,120
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Ontario, Canada
Seeing as how the traffic is encrypted I would assume they are being used for surveillance type stuff.

Database entry is here: RCMP Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

You will notice that all the channels in the database show a PL of 123.0. If you enter this PL your scanner will block out an P25 activity so you may want to leave it off.
 

moonbounce

Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2002
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
84
Thanks Forts, 421.8375 was the one I was looking for, you don't hear much from it just like to have it on my radio. I have the 425mhz channels on my radio also just so I know when their is survaillance in the area.

Moonbounce
 

frankh

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
Location
where they used to build cars
Thanks Forts, 421.8375 was the one I was looking for, you don't hear much from it just like to have it on my radio. I have the 425mhz channels on my radio also just so I know when their is survaillance in the area.

Moonbounce

Remember that if you want to hear the digital activity, not to enter the CTSS code associated to the frequency. Here's a couple more that you might get hits on...

425.7650
425.8900
425.9150

Regards
 

tac7

Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2003
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Location
Hamilton, ON
How likely is it that these frequency allocations are in use country-wide? I've seen the G9 and G0 frequencies in use locally, simulcasting VHF repeaters in use in my province, among other things.
I monitor the L-frequencies (425.5125 to 425.9875), and hear them several times a year in the clear in the Hamilton area.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top