Looking for a list of digital scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navycop

I am in the market for a new scanner since Virginia Beach went digital. Is there somewhere (I looked in the Wiki) for a list of all digital scanners.

n5ims

I am in the market for a new scanner since Virginia Beach went digital. Is there somewhere (I looked in the Wiki) for a list of all digital scanners.

What are you looking for that's not listed in the WIKI? That list (Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki) seams to be pretty complete and if you click on the various models you can get good details on what the radio will do. It lists both new ones you might find in the various stores as well as older ones that you may see on eBay.

If you want to know which ones decode what, that's pretty easy, all of the new ones pretty much decode the same types (analog conventional; analog trunking - EDACS, Motorola types I & II, and LTR; digital P-25 conventional; digital P-25 phase 1 trunking). Only one scanner on the market will decode digital P-25 phase 2 trunking and that's the GRE PSR-800 (and it's only confirmed to decode the Motorola version that's pre-standard at this point, the only of this type that's actually in operation currently).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.