Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

shawn1899

Has anyone been able to receive Site 21 - Downtown Simulcast from Orange County?
Doubtful... pretty much it will reach to Lakewood and mostly north Lakewood area. You should be able to pick up Rolling Hills UHF/700 site and maybe Johnstone UHF/700 site. I know I have gotten both sites down to Tustin in some areas.

Opfor2

LA-RICS Construction updates:

Angeles National Forest Issues Permit for Regional Emergency Communication System
ARCADIA, Calif. — In an effort to modernize communications amongst first responders in the Los Angeles Metropolitan area, Jerome Perez, Angeles National Forest (ANF) Supervisor, signed a decision on Oct. 31, leasing 13 sites in the national forest for installation of a Land Mobile Radio (LMR) system operated by the Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) Authority. This LMR system will unify local, state, or federal emergency responders communications through the use of a single state-of-the-art network.
“Amongst all public safety agencies in the Los Angeles Region, we have the motto of ‘one-team-one-fight’ and this decision will further deepen our relationships and passion for protecting life, property, and public lands,” said Jerome Perez.
The 13 proposed project sites distributed across the forest are a part of a proposed 60-site LMR system through LA County. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is providing federal funding for the County-wide LMR project and this ANF specific LA-RICS project is a subset of the larger project, tiered from a Programmatic Environmental Assessment conducted by FEMA. The additional site-specific analysis was completed to meet Forest Service requirements and ensure that the project is in compliance with the ANF Land Management Plan (LMP or Forest Plan).
ANF amended the Forest Plan considering tower heights and scenic integrity objectives. The scope and scale of these project-specific LMP amendments are small, affecting only 3 of the 13 sites. The amendments are only for the LA-RICS project.
For additional information concerning this decision contact: Justin Seastrand, Public Services Staff Officer, or LA-RICS for more information regarding the Land Mobile Radio project.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Seems there is a Site 15 out there now.
Adjacent site info showing site 15 control on 769.25625. Looking at licenses, the probable location could be Blue Ridge(Wrightwood)

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Seems there is a Site 15 out there now.
Adjacent site info showing site 15 control on 769.25625. Looking at licenses, the probable location could be Blue Ridge(Wrightwood)

I'll be out that way tomorrow. Will try to verify.

shawn1899

I'm thinking more like Frazier Peak... and 700 site would be somewhere in the 30's and up,,,, Site 15 is the 700 SOW.. to my knowledge...

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
A bunch of Norwalk units on Norwalk/Pico’s L-TAC 10 have a sound as if they’re digitally patched to the conventional. They’re also being dispatched on an alternate frequency (C-TAC 1). Not sure if I’m just hearing things, but they sound completely different. Only the desk and SCC sound normal.

pewpew45

I heard the sheriff helicopter asking on Norwalk L-Tac if it was patched into larics common and a norwalk unit said he could hear the helicopter on atac-east. I have heard of common on larics but not atac east?? Listening to ltac the units sound like they are patched into a digital talk group. Anyone know anything about this?

nholguin97

Premium Subscriber
A bunch of Norwalk units on Norwalk/Pico’s L-TAC 10 have a sound as if they’re digitally patched to the conventional. They’re also being dispatched on an alternate frequency (C-TAC 1). Not sure if I’m just hearing things, but they sound completely different. Only the desk and SCC sound normal.

To add, TG 2200 is popping up encrypted on RICS’ Rio Hondo Site every time a unit transmits on L-TAC 10. It’s been consistent all day, leading me to believe it’s indeed patched and some patrol units are actively utilizing the digital talkgroups.

pewpew45

Yep, everytime a unit talks on ltac , tg 2200 activates. It also seems to be patched to common (Tg 32). unfortunately both are encrypted. A few other constant encrypted tg keep popping up, but unknown what they are.

PaulNDaOC

I heard the sheriff helicopter asking on Norwalk L-Tac if it was patched into larics common and a norwalk unit said he could hear the helicopter on atac-east. I have heard of common on larics but not atac east?? Listening to ltac the units sound like they are patched into a digital talk group. Anyone know anything about this?
ATAC3 (East) was being used for Dispatch while narrowbanding work was being done. It goes without saying that changing the settings on scanners from FM to NFM improves audio quality.

pewpew45

ATAC3 (East) was being used for Dispatch while narrowbanding work was being done. It goes without saying that changing the settings on scanners from FM to NFM improves audio quality.
ATAC EAST is not the same as Atac-3, its a digital trunked talk group on LARICS..

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
BJM_Tower_Hearing_notice.jpg

New towers for Catalina in the works. The plans on the LACo Planning Comm. page say the towers wouldn't be complete for about two years, even once the applications are accepted. Wonder if the system admins will wait that long to install equipment on BJM, TWR, and DPK and get the system going, or wait for the new towers.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
The downtown 700 site indicates a new adjacent site 14 with cc 774.51875