Macon/Bibb FD moves again, PD coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

awc13

Premium Subscriber
Bibb County RR Live Audio vs My Scanner

Bibb County of Live Audio Feed thru RR not on my Scanner.

What am I doing wrong? I got RR's live feed for Bibb County, Ga. I download the systems from RR and I do not hear the traffic. Do I have wrong frequenies, settings, etc.
I'm using 396xt. I live in WR and south Bibb county; therefore I expect to hear the traffic. What is the difference between the my scanner & the RR live online feed? I uploaded a FreeScan file under another
thread (396xt Help) in the hopes that I may be able to compare my settings with any individual's more experienced scanner setting (you know - someone who actually hears something). I just located the "Easier to Read Uniden XT Scanner Manuals". I am willing to do the work, read, experiment, etc.; but I feel that I at least need some guidance (coach/mentor) to help this "grasshopper" start this journey. I have uploaded my FreeScan File under another thread - 396xt Help. Maybe that will show what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for responding.

awc13

Jkendr23

Bibb County RR

I suggest that you do a Service Search and select "Railroad". I am in Liberty county and live a few miles from an active track. I have to use the search function to catch any action. Of course you could just go to the RR frequencies for Bibb county and manually load them. I use this method for the Savannah RR frequencies. Be aware that unless you are located near a busy yard, you may not hear much. I also recommend that you program any "Road" frequencies for these are good in many areas throughout the state and sometimes throughout a region. That's part of the fun of radio monitoring. BTW, I use a GRE PSR-500 that I carry pretty much everywhere I go, even work! Happy monitoring!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I think he means "Radio Reference", not "RailRoad".

When whoever updated Bibb county, they (for some reason) took the old (but still used) system out, and put the new one in.

Makes for a huge pain in the *** if you want to DL the old (current) system straight from RR into your scanner, and not hand program it in.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

I checked and don't even see the system. It should have been marked deprecated before being deleted.
Lindsay would be the only one who could undelete it.

mjbjr

How do we contact him? Seems this is also related to another topic by Charles a few topics down. Im having issues as well with another pro 197 not working after uploading from Rr

mjbjr

Ok, I brought it back to life. We’ll just leave it active until they actually move off the system.

got the above email from Mr lindsay today

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

Excellent news!

As departments move to the new system, let us know through submissions and we'll mark them as Deprecated so people don't get confused between old and new.

charlesdotcc

For what's worth, I think adding the new system back made things worse. The old system is still up in a way, so it's good it's listed again, but the TGIDs have changed, and some frequencies were moved to the new Harris system. Have people tried loading the old system back in their scanners and got it to work? My only capable scanner is tied up on the FD feed, so I don't have anything to experiment with, but I suspect it will not, not well at least.

So either way, for anybody who cares, this is what I believe is correct right now. The overall idea is that the new Harris system will be the new Public Safety system. Fire got all new Harris subscriber radios and has already moved; the Sheriff's office needed to keep some old Motorola's that have turned out to have compatibility issues w/ the Harris system, so their move has been postponed.

I would propose we deprecate the old old system (Macon-Bibb County Public Safety (Motorola) Trunking System, Macon, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies). It doesn't really exist anymore in the form in which it's listed right now. Create a new Macon-Bibb City Services system with the correct frequencies below. Last, update the new system (Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System Trunking System, Various, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies) with the correct talkgroups.

Macon-Bibb City Services (remnants of old system) - SO is still here until Moto/Harris compatibility problem is fixed.

Freq: 854.91250(a) 854.98750(a) 855.21250(a) 856.48750(c) 857.23750

TGs:
Bibb County Government Talkgroups
417 MBC Board of Education Police

Bibb County Sheriff Talkgroups
133 BCSO Dispatch

Macon Police Department Talkgroups
3603 MPD Ch 1 Police Control 1
3605 MPD Ch 2 Police Control 2
3607 MPD Talk 3 Police Talk 3
3609 MPD NCIC Police NCIC

Macon Government Talkgroups
531 Macon Water Authority
607 Macon Transit Authority Buses

As for the other talkgroups listed under the old system, I don't know about them.

NEW System:
Macon-Bibb Public Safety, or "Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System" if you wish. According to a recent Telegraph article, Macon-Bibb and Monroe County have signed an MOA to allow Monroe to start using the system, but nobody is currently doing so. Also, I've heard unofficially that they plan to try Phase II at some point.

Freq: 854.06250(a) 855.48750(c) 855.98750(a) 856.23750(a) 856.58750(a) 856.98750(a) 857.48750(a)

Macon/Bibb County Fire Department Talkgroups:
132 MBCFD Disp Fire Dispatch
134 MBCFD Ops Fire Scene 2
135 MBCFD Ops Fire Scene 3
136 MBCFD Ops Fire Scene 4
137 MBCFD Ops Fire Scene 5
138 MBCFD Ops Fire Scene 6
139 MBCFD Ops Fire Prevention
140 MBCFD Ops Fire Utility
144 MBCFD Ops Fire Training

That's what I got.

-Charles

mjbjr

I have a friends pro 197 here Im trying to get to work,but I cant get it to pick up anything much. I cloned it and updated and downloaded the file from my scanner,and uploaded to radio#2 and still nothing.I can help you out charles if youd like. Tell me how

charlesdotcc

Hey, thanks man. I don't really need any help myself, I'm just trying to say that I think the database is wrong, and if people program their scanners from it, I don't think they'll get anything, at least on the old system.

As far as your buddies radio, if you cloned it from yours and yours is working, I'm not sure why his wouldn't work. If you happen to try to program his radio by importing the data directly from radioreference.com, I'd be curious to hear if that works.

mjbjr

I treied both ways. sometimes i get a bit of traffic,but not much. Iput them side by side,and sometimes they get the same,and sometimes #2 gets nothing while mine is non stop. Weird...

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager

Perhaps somebody can submit the information and we'll get the system cleaned up?

charlesdotcc

This is pretty much the same information I submitted a couple months ago. I'll submit it again, but I don't know that anything different is going to happen.

maw

Premium Subscriber
Cant hear Macon/Bibb Ga PD

I have a BCD996T it is set to Motorola APCO 25 i have all the frqs. and Ids listed programned.
I had no problem listing to the old system.
Any Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.