Maryland FIRST 700mhz TRS

LordDonkey

Apparently SDRTrunk only logs the call events that it actually processes, since those two frequencies were out of range of my SDR, it didn't log them in the call events log. I have taken screenshots in the past of those frequencies and attached them.

Attachments

• SDRTrunk Captures.zip
    703.8 KB · Views: 6

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Apparently SDRTrunk only logs the call events that it actually processes, since those two frequencies were out of range of my SDR, it didn't log them in the call events log. I have taken screenshots in the past of those frequencies and attached them.
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I think SDRTrunk is not displaying the proper channel numbers when a frequency is being used in TDMA mode - the channel number display for FDMA mode is correct. Unitrunker 2 works properly. I'll be checking DSD+ sometime today.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. I think SDRTrunk is not displaying the proper channel numbers when a frequency is being used in TDMA mode - the channel number display for FDMA mode is correct. Unitrunker 2 works properly. I'll be checking DSD+ sometime today.
I checked the channel number to frequency conversion in DSD+, and it works correctly, so it seems that it is an issue with SDRTrunk. Thank you BW82557 for posting the issue in their group.

firebal

Premium Subscriber
Might be a post for a different form but I am wondering if I can receive FIRST from Towson?
If so what settings should I have selected in SDR Trunk.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Might be a post for a different form but I am wondering if I can receive FIRST from Towson?
If so what settings should I have selected in SDR Trunk.
First is receivable in Towson on either the Baltimore Simulcast or Towson University ASR. The Baltimore Simulcast probably carries more traffic. Not sure how to set up SDRTrunk. You should check out their Google Group for help.

BM82557

FYI - sdrtrunk Version 0.4.0 (final) is Released

Item #719 is the correction for the issue incorrectly displaying the proper channel numbers in TDMA

Denny, Thanks for the quick fix!

screenersam

I hate motrbro
I can get MSP and NRP now
Somerset Sheriff and Princess Anne Police are all garbled. I guess the fun is over with them.
still getting fire/ambulance on VHF

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I can get MSP and NRP now
Somerset Sheriff and Princess Anne Police are all garbled. I guess the fun is over with them.
still getting fire/ambulance on VHF

Somerset Sheriff and Prince Anne PD Patch on FiRST has been encrypted for a couple years.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
so I see. I had been getting them on Edacs with the Provoice upgrade.
confused why I'm getting any signal at all, even garbled.
I'm confused too. Does your radio not skip encrypted TGs automatically? If it doesn't, you should have them locked out. The "garbling" may just be multipath effects common when trying to monitor simulcast digital systems using a non-optimized receiver.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
its the BCD436, otherwise I'd get none of this. I'll probly go ahead and manually lock out.
I guess we'll never get a scanner that gets Motrbro
I'm not an expert, but this Uniden page says that the 436 can do MotoBro (an implementation of DMR.) It is a paid upgrade.
worth looking into!!!

screenersam

I hate motrbro
nope, still garbled.
don't think nxdm will help me. as I recall their P25 is encrypted.
I knew all this a few years ago but forgot everything. kind of starting over.