Miami dade fire rescue

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
Hey all, I’ll be in Florida for a few months shortly, and I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for how I set up my radio for Miami dade fire rescue. Which channels should be in the scan list? What order? Etc.

Thanks all

JackRoberts23

Was Justin Schmidt
I know that the DB is correct, I just wanted to know if there is a way I should configure my radio in terms of scan list and order of channels

C_615

Premium Subscriber
I know that the DB is correct, I just wanted to know if there is a way I should configure my radio in terms of scan list and order of channels
It’s the most straightforward, old-school setup still around. I keep it in one scanlist.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Premium Subscriber
That honestly depends on you. Do you want to scan a specific area when you are traveling through it so you only scan that traffic ? Are you stationary somewhere and just want to listen to that ? Want to listen to everything ? Only dispatch ? Only Firegrounds ?

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Are the FG's simplex or not? I preferably want to listen to everything
Firegrounds are simplex. However, they rarely use them. Instead they use their respective TAC channels, which are usually operated in repeater mode but can be used in simplex mode as well. North and East use Tacs 1 and 2. Central uses Tacs 3 and 4 and South uses Tacs 5 and 6. Miami Airport Division is also used. There are other channels but this is the most active list for day to day activity.

Last edited: