MicroP25RX

btt

Banned
Banned
It doesn't seem to matter, it's decoding the audio either way. I just thought it was odd. The audio btw sounds a lot better than SDRTRUNK, I just have to get this learning curve out of the way.
I think what happened is that it finally "LEARNED" the information about the site and wrote the default value for the demodulation to the file for that site. Then, you have to manually change the demod mode. It will be save to flash from then on.

btt

Banned
Banned
You got a filter to try out?
I have some very good filters for 780 or 850 bands, but not both simultaneously. The filter adds about 3dB of insertion loss.

Me? Probably, I’d have to dig it up. If that fixes it then that sucks since my main site of interest has both 7 and 800.
I'm going to look into other possibilities since this seems like it could be related to 700 MHz range or frequencies only. The RFIC has "tracking filters". Maybe it is a configuration / calibration issue for the 700 MHz freqs.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I have some very good filters for 780 or 850 bands, but not both simultaneously. The filter adds about 3dB of insertion loss.

I'm going to look into other possibilities since this seems like it could be related to 700 MHz range of frequencies only. The RFIC has "tracking filters". Maybe it is a configuration / calibration issue for the 700 MHz freqs.

To rule out signal strength as being the issue I used a different antenna, so my CC on my main site of interest is in the mid -80’s as opposed to the low -90’s. Monitoring…

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
My question since mine is still MIA, is should I let it learn the site on it's own, then add my DSD groups file, or can I load my sites and group files and be good to go?

goldmyne99

should I let it learn the site on it's own, then add my DSD groups file, or can I load my sites and group files and be good to go?
I added my P25RX TG csv files after the learn process was done. I am unsure how the DSD files and learning interact. Todd should be back online here later this afternoon.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate it, no hurry on Todd's part, I don't have it yet, just trying to cover all the bases. Thanks to all of you for the info and hope you all have a wonderful turkey day!

Reactions: btt

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I did do that, however I get the same issue. Also I noticed it gets pretty warm I'm not sure what's considered normal. I did add a heatsink.
On the system in this pic it does decode really well even tho the signal is weak. The other system I hear no audio at all.

Interestingly mines runs at 117 also. I’m not overly concerned about that temp in a piece of electronics.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
117F is not bad for electronics, just shows they are working.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Kevin, do you have the same rural mail carrier as me? Not sure were you are, but more than likely she will be here in the next few days.:D

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I say abolish the postal system Amazon is here 3 times a day, let them deliver the mail.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Kevin, do you have the same rural mail carrier as me? Not sure were you are, but more than likely she will be here in the next few days.:D

I don’t think so. My issue is my post office is in Houston, fortunately I don’t live in Houston or even Harris County. But I’m on the fringe of my zip code so we’re at the bottom of the list as far as delivering goes. For years and years we had the same lady (Ms Rose) and she was awesome, ever since she retired it’s sucked.

But back to the BTT device.

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, just trying to strike a conversation. Holiday's suck for me, all my family are dead and my wife passed years ago.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry what I mean is it was in learn mode, I think I did that 3 or 4 times but it doesn't populate. BTW I am running the Alternate firmware, the audio on the NJICS system seems to sound better on this firmware. The other site I was trying to receive I get no audio at all and the WACN and SYSID do not populate.

The addition of the heatsink just seemed appropriate given the temps 118F+at times also it fits with room to spare in the case.
Even if you add a heatsink, you will still need to ventilate the case to remove the heat.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator

I'm going to look into other possibilities since this seems like it could be related to 700 MHz range of frequencies only. The RFIC has "tracking filters". Maybe it is a configuration / calibration issue for the 700 MHz freqs.

Didn’t have a filter that would go high enough to take out 700 LTE so I made an open-stub. It’s rather broad, but I watched my spectrum analyzer as I trimmed it to take out as much LTE as I could without affecting the LMR band.

While my LMR is about 3-4 dB lower now, my 700 decode has cleared up considerably.

I need to make sure something else isn’t going on, but my TDMA only 700 site is much more usable now. And I’ll play with the gains to see if they’ll help any.

btt

Banned
Banned
My question since mine is still MIA, is should I let it learn the site on it's own, then add my DSD groups file, or can I load my sites and group files and be good to go?
Yes, it has to learn the system / site information before it can import the talk groups. It uses the WACN + SYSTEM-ID to know which system to import the file to. If will ignore information in the csv files if it hasn't already "learned" a system with a corresponding WAN+SYS_ID.

btt

Banned
Banned
Appreciate it, no hurry on Todd's part, I don't have it yet, just trying to cover all the bases. Thanks to all of you for the info and hope you all have a wonderful turkey day!
I hope all of you had a nice day as well!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Didn’t have a filter that would go high enough to take out 700 LTE so I made an open-stub. It’s rather broad, but I watched my spectrum analyzer as I trimmed it to take out as much LTE as I could without affecting the LMR band.

While my LMR is about 3-4 dB lower now, my 700 decode has cleared up considerably.

I need to make sure something else isn’t going on, but my TDMA only 700 site is much more usable now. And I’ll play with the gains to see if they’ll help any.

Just remembered I have a diplexer with one port passing 810-1400. My sweep shows it’s good down to about 770 then it drops about 3 dB at 769 then rolls off below that. I put that in-line and even my 800 seems to sound better.

I’ll let this run for a day or so and report back with my results.

Reactions: btt

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Just remembered I have a diplexer with one port passing 810-1400. My sweep shows it’s good down to about 770 then it drops about 3 dB at 769 then rolls off below that. I put that in-line and even my 800 seems to sound better.

I’ll let this run for a day or so and report back with my results.

No need to let it run for a day or so, this has made a day and night difference. I may mess with gains to see if I can get it better, but right now I'm very satisfied with the results.