Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber

Mark

Premium Subscriber
SCORE47 (a NORTHROP GRUMMAN RQ-4 Global Hawk according to the ADSB-Exchange.) heading out the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay and entering W-386 at close to 50,000'. Anyone have any ideas on any comm frequencies it might use other than the Giant Killer freqs?
I usually catch them with Pax River Control (Baywatch) on 305.200 then push GK 238.100 offshore sometimes 249.800.
Thats about all I ever hear from them.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I'm seeing FREEDM-74 (F-15EX #20-0003) at FL400. First appeared near St. Louis, MO.

Looks like it's heading towards Eglin AFB, FL

Two more expected before end of the year.. Guess that would be next week :)

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Someone heading to the USVI, VP or POTUS

FAASTeam Notice
Type: Selected ATC Notices
Notice Date: Wednesday, December 20, 2023
Notice Number: NOTC3341

VIP Notice - Saint Croix, USVI
This posting will be removed on Thursday, January 4, 2024

Notice: Expect VIP movement December 27, 2023 - January 03, 2024 in the vicinity of Saint Croix, USVI. Pilots can expect temporary airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I usually catch them with Pax River Control (Baywatch) on 305.200 then push GK 238.100 offshore sometimes 249.800.
Thats about all I ever hear from them.
Yeah technically they only need the radar coverage provided by GK up to and down from orbit altitude. You have the data channel from MQ4 as reported and I guess the only other comms might be the guy sitting next to the pilot at the ground station - going - yeah lets go orbit over there and see what the signal quality is......since there is no one on board to talk to.

Just found this - this is US Army but the logic is the same. from this link

1703122391597.png

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Slightly off topic, but...The North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command Public Affairs office leadership requested the Public Affairs Graphics Office create a NORAD Tracks Santa shirt design. Just curious why the Mid-Atlantic MilAir thread hasn't made one yet :)

Capture2.PNG

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Slightly off topic, but...The North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command Public Affairs office leadership requested the Public Affairs Graphics Office create a NORAD Tracks Santa shirt design. Just curious why the Mid-Atlantic MilAir thread hasn't made one yet :)

View attachment 153312

They can track Santa much better than small low flying planes in CAP airspace.. LOL

The other day we were talking about crew shortages tonight RCH-4610 C-17 #07-7185 inbound Andrews 378.100 from Ireland stop.
reports some offloads req c/ag and 15k fuel to get home to Charleston and crew trans for 3.
Really? Crew of 3 for a active mission C-17? I think it is getting tough out there for some of those USAF folks.

Last edited:

john8436

Anybody know what's going on at McGuire today? C130 RCH321 doing a low alt flight over the jersey shore, some other sorties (TREK01, WIND42) doing low altitude stuff today too. Seems busy and a little abnormal.
I heard TREK01 on 134.1000 asking about the area (SR???) they were supposed to use was now unavailable. They were looking to see if they could get in 15 minutes so that they could get a pilot qualified. My thought that it was in the area of where 6ABC Copper went down and the air space might have been temporally closed.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
They can track Santa much better than small low flying planes in CAP airspace.. LOL

The other day we were talking about crew shortages tonight RCH-4610 C-17 #07-7185 inbound Andrews 378.100 from Ireland stop.
reports some offloads req c/ag and 15k fuel to get home to Charleston and crew trans for 3.
Really? Crew of 3 for a active mission C-17? I think it is getting tough out there for some of those USAF folks.
It only really needs a crew of 3, as long as they get crew rest, they should be good to go....
Unless they are carrying more than a certain number of passengers, which requires more load-masters.

It would be interesting to see what they are more short of, maintainers or aircrew....

It would also be interesting to see what options they would choose if push came to shove, the last resort would be recalling retirees ( go ahead, screw with their nap time and see what happens:mad::devilish:, it would be worse than interfering with a younger persons cell phone).

:)

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
There is a Global Crossing airliner or called Global-X charter flight that departed Venezuela tonight
for Alexandria Louisiana KAEX. That airport is used as main departure airport for Venezuela deportations.
Maybe catching ride home tonight on this one?

G6689 (GXA689) GlobalX Flight Tracking and History 20-Dec-2023 (CCS / SVMI-KAEX) - FlightAware
News report has the freed Americans from Venezuela arrived Joint Base Kelly last night.
Pic looks like private jet with round windows but can't see type.Maybe USAF glf5 perhaps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.