Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Today I went by the Old NAS Willow Grove, Joint Reserve Base now Bittle ANG Base. I was on the Horsham roadside of the base, and I was surprised to see the Radar still there and spinning.

Any thoughts from anyone why it would still be in operation? They operate drones remotely so is there a need for it to be operational?
The FAA maintained that radar, instead of my shop, when I was stationed there, as it was the backup radar for PHL. I presume it still is.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of private tankers seems Metrea Aerospace Wash,DC formerly known as Meta Air is picking up some French KC-135's.
I guess Facebook now named Meta made them change their name. LOL

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I think Raleigh said someone vacationing down in the Carib soon.
RCH-4572 C-17 departing St Croix now..
1703278461197.png
All the SHADY's heading back after various stops including INTEL-41 #10-0730 from Pittsburgh
and SHADY-49 from Marathon Florida. Must have been squad training flights.
Usually see that "Intel" callsign from out West 111th MIB at Fort Huachuca. Looks like it came East the other day.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Saturday travel and week ahead...

3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to Camp David from South Lawn. Jill will probably land in Hagerstown and motorcade over to join him when she returns from her day trip to Kentucky.

Tuesday they return to the WH.

Wednesday they travel to St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands where they will remain through the New Year’s holiday.

VP schedule not out, but thinking LA for the New Years and stopping in Vegas on the way home on the 3rd.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
This was predicatable. Removing the older Eagles was just the justification to get the new ones.
They need someone at Kadena.. Late November they sent F-35's from Hill and Alaska to cover
intercepts.. Gonna take a long while to get new F-15's to Kadena.. Good question. What were they thinking?

For space junkies a Space X Canaveral launch tonight at 11PM local...

HF 11175 Mainsail with test count at 8:05PM local.. Prob be broadcasting soon.
Off East Coast OBAN-28 E-6 #163920 and West Coast AGNEW-34 #164407..
Once a Maryland Governor and VP.. hmm. No statues of him around here.. LOL

Seems like everything grounded these days.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Saturday travel and week ahead...

3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to Camp David from South Lawn. Jill will probably land in Hagerstown and motorcade over to join him when she returns from her day trip to Kentucky.

Tuesday they return to the WH.

Wednesday they travel to St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands where they will remain through the New Year’s holiday.

VP schedule not out, but thinking LA for the New Years and stopping in Vegas on the way home on the 3rd.
Changed times again on TFR. They sure tweak them..

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I want to wish all of you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas
Ron

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

I extend the same to the everyone else here in RR .....

Take care and stay safe and healthy

PS - I heard Santa is using P25 Encrypted with Reindeer digital modulation protocol so no one will know what he is delivering.

Terry

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Coast Guard 101 GLF5 from DCA inbound Wildwood NJ on Dover appch 132.425 and AC appch 124.600.
Looks inbound Cape May County airport KWWD but he did say Wildwood on the radio formerly NAS Wildwood in 1943.
KWWD has more names for it than anything.

Wildwood Airport
Cape May County Airport
Cape May Airport

even though it is located in Erma NJ (Lower Township) but its address is Rio Grande NJ (Middle Township) !!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I want to wish all of you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
I extend the same to the everyone else here in RR .....
Merry Christmas to all, and a heartfelt thank you for making my listening experience better throughout the year.

Not MilAir at all, but wanted to mention for some fun listening, NC has an annual tradition that began in Charlotte and now covers the whole state of Christmas greetings between PS departments across the state. The post about the event is below, including links for those out of state to join the 30-45 event Sunday night.

Broadcastify link is

Status
Not open for further replies.