Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

Mark

Premium Subscriber
15:52 EST Hearing British accent on 263.100 (most likely the fighters) air / air

ASCOT 9410 at 25K now on with ATC on 133.125 15:55 EST

15:56 EST 377.900 more British comms

Okay figured it out 263.100 is NATO AAR 3 so this is probably tanker to fighters
377.900 is the air/air between the fighters.
Confirm 377.900 tanker talking about 3 ship.. Yes seems like A/A
Sounded like roll call 1-thru 5 on 263.100 then Tanker.. Flight of 6 total counting tanker?
Doing news trivia questions on 263.100..

Maybe tanker RRR-9420 was just topoff tanker as it turned around and went back to Lajes today.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Confirm 377.900 tanker talking about 3 ship.. Yes seems like A/A
Sounded like roll call 1-thru 5 on 263.100 then Tanker.. Flight of 6 total counting tanker?
Doing news trivia questions on 263.100..

Maybe tanker RRR-9420 was just topoff tanker as it turned around and went back to Lajes today.
Five fighters and one tanker in the group

Okay so someone - either in the cockpit or the person in the refueling area are asking the questions of the 5 fighters and the other crew on the tanker. So 6 game participants @!!!

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Five fighters and one tanker in the group

Okay so someone - either in the cockpit or the person in the refueling area are asking the questions of the 5 fighters and the other crew on the tanker. So 6 game participants @!!!
I had to look up answer for this trivia question he asked..
US Space agency is called NASA. What is Russian Space agency called?

answer : Roscosmos :)

Few more tankers headed East tonight for the Italian based US F-16's.
ROMA-71 #16-46022 22ARW
ROMA-73 #57-1462 Miss ANG
ROMA-63 #62-3566 Iowa ANG.

Last edited:

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
1923L - REPOSESS with message ASGOBU simulcast on 11175, 8992, 4724, and 15016.

1930 - Message repeated.
Yeah I heard the eight letter callsign - got the ABOUT part but did not write down the call so I forgot what I heard the last part as (name wise) - sounded nautical to me.
Callsign was probably ABOUTSHIP.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Or do what I did and get a third monitor. If NASA and SpaceX control center people can face three monitors at the same time why not me too !!
View attachment 154341
Of course NASA gets to have extra monitors just for fun

View attachment 154342
Not being a wise guy, but you could try something like this

The logic for comonent selection is about right for your needs (I think, I don't do this, I just use this site to find reasonably priced up to date info on things like current graphic cards).

Thanks
Joel

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS travel on Monday...

9:40 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Delaware Air National Guard Base, New Castle, Delaware en route to Charleston, South Carolina
11:15 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Charleston, South Carolina Charleston Air Force Base, Charleston, South Carolina
4:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Charleston Air Force Base, Charleston, South Carolina en route to Dallas, Texas

CST
6:15 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Dallas, Texas Dallas Love Field Airport, Dallas, Texas
8:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Dallas Love Field Airport, Dallas, Texas en route to Joint Base Andrews

EST
12:05 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
12:25 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House South Lawn

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
At the railroad key heavy components mounted under train cars and locos we use those locking nuts on bolts
with that heavy plastic insert so if even not tight will not unwind off threads... Somebody really goofed here.
On airplanes and ground support equipment, they usually use safety wire, the nuts are usually drilled with a hole through the side and when everything is tight, the safety wire is run through connecting everything in a pattern that wont allow the nuts to loosen.
1704678255318.jpeg1704678019189.jpegalthough I imagine on the trains and heavier aircraft components, the insert is that you're talking about is used.

Thanks
Joel

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Not being a wise guy, but you could try something like this

The logic for comonent selection is about right for your needs (I think, I don't do this, I just use this site to find reasonably priced up to date info on things like current graphic cards).

Thanks
Joel
Actually I have a lot more than three - I just sit in front of the three primary monitors. Most of the other equipment does not have monitors or keyboards. They just do their work uploading data and mostly behaving themselves.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
On airplanes and ground support equipment, they usually use safety wire, the nuts are usually drilled with a hole through the side and when everything is tight, the safety wire is run through connecting everything in a pattern that wont allow the nuts to loosen.
View attachment 154441View attachment 154440although I imagine on the trains and heavier aircraft components, the insert is that you're talking about is used.

Thanks
Joel
Since there are only four (4) bolts holding the door plug on the airframe it was probably a under or over torque condition that caused the situation. It is similar to the bolts holding engine onto their mounts. Properly torqued they hold the engine from spinning the whole airframe around themselves.

Here if you never realized this but I found this to confirm my memory from my airline days

Often only a few bolts are used to hold the engine to the wing on large passenger aircrafts. Boeing (777 for example) only uses one bolt. It is quite large though and made of titanium. A C-130 Hercules uses 4 bolts to hold the engine.

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Terry are you feeding airframes.io?
Not feeding that one yet. I had an issue with ADSBexchange and then adding FlightRadar24 to the same Pi. Got diverted to doing other things and never got back to adjusting that. I feed a bunch of different services dealing with aircraft, ships, weather ballons, weather data and whatever else is going on. I usually forget what is active unless the systems notify me of a "your system has stopped providing data" email.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not feeding that one yet. I had an issue with ADSBexchange and then adding FlightRadar24 to the same Pi. Got diverted to doing other things and never got back to adjusting that. I feed a bunch of different services dealing with aircraft, ships, weather ballons, weather data and whatever else is going on. I usually forget what is active unless the systems notify me of a "your system has stopped providing data" email.
Airframes.io is ACARS and VDL

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Airframes.io is ACARS and VDL
thats right - it was the one generated by the folks who "actually ran" ADSBxchange. I used to monitor ACARS a lot in years past, but got lazy when services on the internet provided the data - already processed. I actually have a

RTL-SDR Blog Active L-Band 1525-1660 Inmarsat to Iridium Patch Antenna Set​

that I bought a few years ago (November 13, 2021) ......just need to learn the software side of the process. It looks nice sitting on top of the radio shelf table right next to the Pi's......now just need to motivate myself to get it working.