Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

freqhopping

Heading to Rockville, MD early today, I was rounding the Beltway at Cabin John and came across a flatbed truck parked on the shoulder where the parkway merges with the Beltway. There was a C-130 fuselage on it. I happened to get a good look at just the right place on the tail tip and saw 165351, one of our local "AX" birds.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, sorry I was away all day, changes to the weekend schedule, POTUS not going to Wilmington. He will be in Allentown tomorrow, but returns to the WH, schedule below...

12:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews
12:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the Allentown area, Pennsylvania
1:15 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
4:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania en route to the White House
5:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
5:35 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

Meanwhile, I was at CLT for AF2 today...

Attachments

• p1.PNG
    p1.PNG
    299.8 KB · Views: 27
  • p3.PNG
    p3.PNG
    709.6 KB · Views: 24
  • p4.PNG
    p4.PNG
    517.8 KB · Views: 24
  • p10.PNG
    p10.PNG
    595.4 KB · Views: 26
  • p10b.PNG
    p10b.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Okay, sorry I was away all day, changes to the weekend schedule, POTUS not going to Wilmington. He will be in Allentown tomorrow, but returns to the WH, schedule below...

12:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews
12:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the Allentown area, Pennsylvania
1:15 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
4:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania en route to the White House
5:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
5:35 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

Meanwhile, I was at CLT for AF2 today...
Those wheel and tire assemblies looking good !!

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
1923L - P-8 Poseidon circling southside Hampton Roads. Haven't gotten a frequency yet and it's too dark for anything but a long exposure photo.

1945L - He's peeled off the pattern and heading home.
they were in contact with Giantkiller. Apparently a schedule mix-up and GK was not able to support their mission tonight. Told them to come back any time and they would be happy to support them.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1620L- 2 HMLA-773 Cobra's just went north though my area, A/A on their common 264.2, showed intermittent TIS-B. Looks like they're doing the Hudson River run.
No more Cobras.. Just Vipers for HMLA-773. I know. gonna take me some getting used to..
But if Godzilla walks out of the Hudson to attack NY the Vipers will be ready :)

Maryland A-10 recently working the NJ range. Brrrrrrrip!

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Wouldn't be surprised to see more, maybe why Biden cancelled his weekend off
Makos get the weekend off though.. :) Weather forecast not looking good anyway.
Parts of Delaware still a storm mess with power outages and more rain Friday night followed by colder gusty winds all weekend.

Noticed in above pic of Maryland A-10C they are removing their tail numbers as well.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
The Philadelphia refinery is no longer there. They have completely removed all of the processing equipment and tanks from the facility!!

PHL has two fuel farms that feed the airport along the Delaware River. Both facilities receive their fuel from ships that come up the river.

View attachment 154653

View attachment 154654
That's unfortunate, I thought that an airline had bought them years ago to help mitigate fuel cost changes. It would be a great hedge for the entire area also (to have some refinery capacity that isn't collocated with the rest of all of the refiners).

Thanks
Joel

Last edited:

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
That's unfortunate, I thought that an airline had bought them years ago to help mitigate fuel cost changes. It would be a great hedge for the entire area also (to have some refinery capacity that isn't collacated with the rest of all of the refiners).

Thanks
Joel
That was Delta Air Lines and the facility is in Trainer PA down near the border with Delaware.

something a bit more current

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
That was Delta Air Lines and the facility is in Trainer PA down near the border with Delaware.

something a bit more current

Thank you for the information... very helpful....

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1151 Local ROMA61 off of Nantucket heading 237
I was out but 1428 local TREND-21 flight dropping down on UHF here looking for runway 19R so
assume they landed at Andrews
Some of yesterday's F-16's working West now from SJ North Carolina..
1705088927277.png

BTW what happened to the USS Ford? Cleared Gibraltar last week and no show at Norfolk so far?
Now Navy says will rtb Norfolk next week... slow going.

Last edited: