Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
I was out but 1428 local TREND-21 flight dropping down on UHF here looking for runway 19R so
assume they landed at Andrews
Some of yesterday's F-16's working West now from SJ North Carolina..
View attachment 154746

BTW what happened to the USS Ford? Cleared Gibraltar last week and no show at Norfolk so far?
Now Navy says will rtb Norfolk next week... slow going.
Mark

Sorry for the late update (was working-actually still am).....at 14:23 EST on 234.800 (Andrews) the lead reported in for a flight of 6 that were all code one.

Terry

Not hearing anything up here in southern NJ
Well, I'm in the middle of so many different military bases down here, I'm thinking it's probably Navy, but only a guess, that's one I'd have probably run by Larry Van Horn if he were still alive. He had great info most of the time and he always liked hearing about the more obscure or oddball frequencies heard. I hear rtty on UHF down here fairly often, but I was actually paying attention to it today.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
The West Virginia 130th AW C-130J guys are good to go now...

hill

Premium Subscriber
Just reported tonight on WBAL-TV about the loss of A-10s for the Maryland ANG and fight to have another aircraft to replace them, plus the State of Maryland working on improvements to KMTN like increasing the runway to 8100'. This work is a few years away with only half the funding now, but its's starting.

Hope they get another flying unit with living right by it.

hill

Premium Subscriber
When coming home from work a single VH-92 flew up over I-95 did a tour over Baltimore and then went back to DC.

They were up with BWI tower on 119.4

Was this just to get pilot hours, other training, maintenance check, or to prepare for upcoming visit from POTUS visit to the area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Monday, January 15th, the President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to participate in a service event in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. AF1 arrives at Atlantic Aviation about 10:30 AM ET

From Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 – Friday, January 19th, 2024, First Lady Jill Biden will travel to Salt Lake City and Park City, Utah; San Francisco and Healdsburg, California; and Columbus, Ohio.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just reported tonight on WBAL-TV about the loss of A-10s for the Maryland ANG and fight to have another aircraft to replace them, plus the State of Maryland working on improvements to KMTN like increasing the runway to 8100'. This work is a few years away with only half the funding now, but its's starting.

Hope they get another flying unit with living right by it.

Sad part is State of Maryland had chances long ago to upgrade that airport but they seemed
to think that Feds or LM was gonna save the day.. Even when they lost the C-130J's a ways back they did nothing.
This isn't Andrews or Pax River.. May be too little too late... I don't even think Lockheed Martin wants anything to do with
that airport even though an old namesake.It is a back roads out of the way old tired airfield.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
FORCE-08 KC-46 #19-46071 305th AMW was returning McGuire tonight from Travis but seems due to wx
changed destination.

1705118022841.png
Couple days ago picked up some receivers over New Mexico and dropped off
at Red Flag? before landing Travis.

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
It is a back roads out of the way old tired airfield.

While I agree with many of Mark's comments really don't think Martin State is old and being back roads out of the way.

Much of the corporate air traffic in the Baltimore area using KMTN and having the tower frequency in the scanner rotation it's busy much of the day.