Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

frank3si

How are airport delays? Am at work so don't have my usual links.My corporate company Microsoft PC did not do scheduled 365 update so all is well.They must have postponed it..I always wait a couple days anyway..
Airlnav shows crowded skies over the US :)

I heard about the airport and 911 issues. I thought the outage was huge when a minute or two later I walked in my office and saw ADS-B. Then I remembered I had it set to military-only :)

john8436

How are airport delays? Am at work so don't have my usual links.My corporate company Microsoft PC did not do scheduled 365 update so all is well.They must have postponed it..I always wait a couple days anyway..
Airlnav shows crowded skies over the US :)
When I left the firehouse this morning in Philly, the administrative computers were all down. The dispatch computers and radios were unaffected.

610hawk

Heard BANKER-31 earlier enroute back to the barn assume McGuire req trans for crew of 3.
Small crew assume KC-46?
BANKER-31 (KC-46 21-46091) entered the CAP at 0510L and left the CAP at 0930L

Picture attached is 21-46091 on the delivery flight to McGuire on 3/1/24 as PUDGY20.

Attachments

• IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 5

Mark

Premium Subscriber
US Navy has added some Phoenix Air jets for training purposes.
May see these guys offshore Norfolk from time to time and probably often down Florida way.

I guess we are still working on Yemen according to Centcom.On Warzone page seems Houthis also lost an oil storage depot.

From U.S. Central Command, July 18,2024
TAMPA, Fla. – In the past 24 hours, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) forces successfully destroyed two surface-to-air missiles (SAM) and four uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAV) on the ground in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen.
It was determined these weapons presented an imminent threat to U.S., coalition forces, and merchant vessels in the region. These actions were taken to protect freedom of navigation and make international waters safer and more secure.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
OT it is airplane arrival time at Oshkosh for EAA convention :)
Tower feed volume is kind of low so have to turn way up.
Wx forecast looks great this year as last year was unusually hot and muggy.

Landed Oshkosh Tester-15 from Indy stop.. Don't ever recall Pax River T-38 there.
This is the one with cool paint job with the slide rule :)
1721585190369.png