Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2024

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS travel schedule for Monday and week ahead

1:45 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route to Joint Base Andrews
2:05 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Chicago, Illinois

CDT
2:50 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Chicago, Illinois
3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Chicago O’Hare International Airport en route to Soldier Field Landing Zone
3:30 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Soldier Field Landing Zone

11:20 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Soldier Field Landing Zone en route to Chicago O’Hare International Airport
11:45 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Chicago, Illinois en route to Santa Ynez, California

PDT
2:00 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Santa Barbara Airport en route to Santa Ynez Landing Zone
2:15 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Santa Ynez, California

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR POTUS THE WEEK OF AUGUST 19, 2024 – AUGUST 25, 2024

Monday, August 19, 2024

In the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will depart the White House en route to Chicago, Illinois.
Later, the President and the First Lady will depart Chicago, Illinois en route to Santa Ynez, California.

Sunday, August 25, 2024
The President and the First Lady will depart Santa Ynez, California en route to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
For the Yankee area folks how long ago was this A/R? Found only a BISON-21 tanker flight back on June 4th evening.
Interesting random A/R with freqs sort of emergency but hate when these video guys never post dates or times of these..
They keep talking about F-16's out of Burlington so maybe long time ago.
They reference the source as LiveATC but I can't recall ever seeing that posted over there, or ever hear a LiveATC feed that sounded that clear, it sounds like it came from an internal FAA recording. If I was going to guess I would say it was a Syracuse based NY ANG 174FW aircraft, that would make the recording date sometime at/before around 2010.

610hawk

BLUE-71 KC-135 #60-0366 out of Iowa ANG on polar Red eye route to Europe.
The old ex McGuire tiger tail KC-135.That number just sticks in my head.
00366 seems to have bounced around a bit after it was divested from the McGuire fleet last September. Originally was sent to the Maine ANG and painted with their tail stripe, as shown in the picture attached (6/29/24 - taken from JetPhotos). But since early this year, it appears to be moved to the Iowa ANG 185th ARW?

These are just observations I’ve made based on recent flights and callsigns being used. It worked a handful of the Wilmington CAPs this year and flew into ACY a few times, all while being based in Iowa.

Attachments

• IMG_5844.jpeg
    IMG_5844.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 9

Mark

Premium Subscriber
They reference the source as LiveATC but I can't recall ever seeing that posted over there, or ever hear a LiveATC feed that sounded that clear, it sounds like it came from an internal FAA recording. If I was going to guess I would say it was a Syracuse based NY ANG 174FW aircraft, that would make the recording date sometime at/before around 2010.
Niagara Falls got their KC-135's in 2017 if thats a clue.
Yes sure has been some shady aviation vids recently. Some are run by long winded pilots who don't
add much of anything except yak,yak,yak and like my video. Lots of bait and switch titles etc.
There is some really good stuff out there but like the old saying. Viewer Beware..

Those E-3's Sentry-25,26 moving East thru the Med this morning.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Those E-3's Sentry-25,26 moving East thru the Med this morning.

Whenever E-3s are mentioned, I always remember they are H.D.L.D. , High Demand, Low Density assets, but they are easy to write off since the Air Force is pushing hard for Wedgetails (which we don't have yet).

Thanks
Joel

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know why 4 tankers, SURGE31-34 would be flying together or what they might be doing?
Looks like they were initially working in the MOT ATCAA, which was active today from 1345-1615 UTC, from FL200 to FL300. You don't see that active very often. I seem to recall someone telling me the ATCAA got it's name MOT from the guy in charge of naming the airspace at the time just using his first name spelt backwards.

MOT ATCAA.jpg

john8436

I don't follow aircraft movements, but does anyone know why 4 tankers, SURGE31-34 would be flying together or what they might be doing?

They seemed have broken into 2 pair with SURGE33 & 34 heading to AR636. Also this would be 21-46093 PUDGY24's (SURGE33) first mission. Maybe they took a spare tanker to ensure if there was an issue with PUDGY24 the mission could be completed. PUDGY 24 SURGE33 is currently in a 5000' orbit over Stone Harbor, NJ, must be some level of an issue happening. SURGE34 20-46072 just pasted them to RTB.

1423 Local: SURGE33 just contacted BrickYard returning with 80K pounds of fuel and boom Inoperable.

Last edited: