• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2019

From a curiosity standpoint, and by the fact that most municipalities near me have switched over to using the MPSCS, Would it be possible to listen to the MPSCS talkgroups from my Baofeng UV-5R?
Nope. It doesn't receive the 800 MHz band, doesn't decode Project 25 and doesn't trunktrack. It's made for talking on the the 2 meter (144-148 MHz) and 70 cm (420-450 MHz) ham bands.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
From a curiosity standpoint, and by the fact that most municipalities near me have switched over to using the MPSCS, Would it be possible to listen to the MPSCS talkgroups from my Baofeng UV-5R?
Only those that are simulcast on a conventional (FM) frequency.

Sent using Tapatalk

feta92

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroups

Hitting of the Conference of Eastern Wayne Towers this morning multiple times, running Pro96Com.

Anyone have an idea what theses are not showing anything in the database

Grand Traverse County has a BUNCH of Michigan, State Of frequencies that are not digital frequencies and do not appear in any of the MPSCS records. Are these active frequencies, and if so, which entity are they used for?

hockeyref2

Premium Subscriber
5443 - off the grayling tower, otsego county RID's, 5-xx units. One example two units 'heading to the hall' then followed by 'going to assist xxx' I suspect its Otsego Lake Twp, Otsego County

Grand Traverse County has a BUNCH of Michigan, State Of frequencies that are not digital frequencies and do not appear in any of the MPSCS records. Are these active frequencies, and if so, which entity are they used for?
Depends on which license you're talking about:

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KJF260 - MICHIGAN, STATE OF is DNR

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KQA716 - MICHIGAN, STATE OF is also DNR

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPPB769 - MICHIGAN, STATE OF is DOC

ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPRH491 - MICHIGAN, STATE OF is also DOC

I don't know if they're active or not. Put them in your scanners and tell us what you hear.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Mpscs site in Pontiac has a new microwave link installed. Must have gone up in the last week or so. Not sure if the site is active yet.

The knowledge that 6180 is an MDOT talkgroup isn't enough to submit it to the database.
Judging from the traffic I've heard on there when it does show up, my half-baked guess is that it's a unit-to-unit channel, I don't know if it's used statewide or in a specific area.
For example, one day this past summer, I heard traffic flagging on there on the Mt. Pleasant tower.

The knowledge that 6180 is an MDOT talkgroup isn't enough to submit it to the database.
Judging from the traffic I've heard on there when it does show up, my half-baked guess is that it's a unit-to-unit channel, I don't know if it's used statewide or in a specific area.
For example, one day this past summer, I heard traffic flagging on there on the Mt. Pleasant tower.
Well Genesee Co and Isabella Co are in the same MDOT district (Bay Region) though.

MDOT - MDOT Region Office Locations

TG-14111 "Jackson Central to Columbia, pager test"
TG-11857 Same console RID, no voice
TG-14123 "Jackson Central to Spring Arbor, pager test"

Paul