MRRS System (MTA PD)

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
I think Mr. Seagravebuff60 has a problem with what i post no matter where i post on RR.

Lighten up, Francis. I was laughing at your point about NYPD Radio traffic, it's true. This:

I listen to NYPD on a daily basis and i find that with the amount of open mics and everyone cutting each other off on a consistent basis,

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
I am not to familiar with the area of Rye NY but there has been testing on tg 9211 the last few days and it seems the tg is live now.

Received on 26E site 21 Zone 1 Simulcast

Looks like its affiliated with Zone 3 Westchester Simulcast aswell. According to DSD, It seems pretty active. I've been listening/logging for the past 2 days.
1673557890549.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
In addition to what I posted yesterday about what I believe to be Port Chester pd tg 9211, tg 9212 is the tac channel.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I would say that it depends on the size of the agency. I don't think that an agency like NYPD will ever go to a TRS full time. That is based upon the end users and the frequency of use. I listen to NYPD on a daily basis and i find that with the amount of open mics and everyone cutting each other off on a consistent basis, that the system would not be able to handle that kind of usage.
That is where a TDMA trunked system would come in handy. With trunking only 1 user will be transmitting at a time and system will bonk other users letting them know they do not have the air. With open mics on TDMA, a dispatcher would be able to send a signal to end the transmission and clear the air

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
That is where a TDMA trunked system would come in handy. With trunking only 1 user will be transmitting at a time and system will bonk other users letting them know they do not have the air. With open mics on TDMA, a dispatcher would be able to send a signal to end the transmission and clear the air

I'd be curious to see if they could implement a 4 wire system on a TRS like they use now with the analog conventional system where the dispatcher and multiple units can talk at once. It is almost like an open party line where no one needs to wait for the other to depress the PTT.
I've never heard of TRS using this method, But it would be interesting to see.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'd be curious to see if they could implement a 4 wire system on a TRS like they use now with the analog conventional system where the dispatcher and multiple units can talk at once. It is almost like an open party line where no one needs to wait for the other to depress the PTT.
I've never heard of TRS using this method, But it would be interesting to see.
"4 wire" refers to the ability of the dispatcher to talk over the units in the field, not for "multiple units to talk at once". P25 trunked systems are capable of such operation, as the system consoles key the repeaters directly as base stations, without interrupting the inputs. Subscribers can continue to transmit and will be heard by the dispatchers at the consoles, even if the dispatcher is keyed up. Nothing new or special about that capability.

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
In addition to what I posted yesterday about what I believe to be Port Chester pd tg 9211, tg 9212 is the tac channel.

Monitoring with DSD & SDR Trunking. Def sounds like the Port Chester area, I'll monitor it for a few more days before I can confirm its PCPD.

From a technical perspective, would this system be able to handle a mass migration from the local police departments if somehow the stars all aligned and they made the switch?
I can appreciate the desire for interoperability, it would have been nicer if it was an actual initiative from Westchester County though. In the meantime, the county has distributed about a dozen PTT phones to each department to use with their Zello network. Users can rx the hotline talk group and toggle between other channels that have been patched over like County PD F1, Yonkers etc

Not really a technical perspective but let's just hope this never happens. (Its just my opinion don't cancel me for this)

I can give a lot of credit to Westchester now, the hotline seems to be improving and they are adding a lot of new stations. I'm just unsure as to why they still insist on Using F3 Analog when the A66 System is there and almost all depts have access to it. But whatever works.

jsilva415

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring with DSD & SDR Trunking. Def sounds like the Port Chester area, I'll monitor it for a few more days before I can confirm its PCPD.
I'm in the area, and have been listening to them on their old VHF radio channel for years. I've been looking and waiting for this information. PCPD did switch over to the MRRS system recently, but it hasn't gone live on the MRRS Radio Reference site.
Let me know what I can do to verify the information for you. Send me a message.

Davefire239

Feed Provider
I'm in the area, and have been listening to them on their old VHF radio channel for years. I've been looking and waiting for this information. PCPD did switch over to the MRRS system recently, but it hasn't gone live on the MRRS Radio Reference site.
Let me know what I can do to verify the information for you. Send me a message.
To see if it’s clean or something

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The same two radios that were doing testing in Rye for what's suspected as Port Chester Pd (tg 9211) have been testing on tg 9554 on the 13th and 14th. Rid's 4242300 & 4242301

Brief testing on tg 9213 on 1/13 also. Rid's 4242129 & 4242155

Very brief pd comms on tg 9555 on 1/13 Rid's 4241395, 4241389 & 4241394 Literally like 4 comms.

All of this was carried over Zone 1 Simulcast. And am not seeing tg 9248 active on Zone 1 Sim nor those two rid's.

seagravebuff60

Short Bus Reject
Feed Provider
Is there a new town joining the system? Testing on TG 9258 by RID 4235364 & 4235366 starting at 12:27 PM today.
The same two radios that were doing testing in Rye for what's suspected as Port Chester Pd (tg 9211) have been testing on tg 9554 on the 13th and 14th. Rid's 4242300 & 4242301
Brief testing on tg 9213 on 1/13 also. Rid's 4242129 & 4242155
Very brief pd comms on tg 9555 on 1/13 Rid's 4241395, 4241389 & 4241394 Literally like 4 comms.
I can only hear the main site on 800 Mhz and none of the 700 Mhz sites.
I am using a TRX-1 in my basement office on SI near the ferry terminal.

Any further Info for this TG 9258? Not seeing it affiliate with Zone 3 Unless they are using LTE

Last edited:

thinktactics

Looks like I missed that update back in May of 2022. Since on my end it was coming up as unknown, I guess they have been operating on a site other than Zone 1 since may.
I would venture to guess Zone 3, but this system is confusing. I've never been able to get them on my 996, and that's about 2 minutes away from their headquarters...

IFRIED91

Arrive alive
Premium Subscriber
Remember Harris systems can use any site frequency as a control channel… something else to remember… Harris radios have something called enhanced CC scan which uses ProScan (different from the ProScan scanner software) to pick the best communication settings for a radio dependent on site/system