Nashua, NH - Nashua considers bonding for $6 million radio system upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFR85

Seems like they are on the new and old

Last edited:

NFR85

Ok I programmed only Police on 1 scanner and Fire on 2nd. Now when they scan Public works, School etc is talking. How is this happening when I programmed certain talk groups?

NFR85

Have the freq's, what's the new band plan and offsets ect?

I didn't set a band plan I just created a new system and put the frequencies & talk groups in. That maybe my problem why its not working correctly.

ronhl

Im not getting anything even with a few wildcard tgs and 3 for PD,FD and buses....
using psr-edit to program the system, 7 freq's, tried a band plan and again without..nada
this is a Phase1 system not Phase2 correct?
is this a 800/900 system or P25?

NFR85

Im not getting anything even with a few wildcard tgs and 3 for PD,FD and buses....
using psr-edit to program the system, 7 freq's, tried a band plan and again without..nada

It's Phase 1 Project 25. It seems the are using old/new system but I deleted the old one and been hearing tone outs and TG 2061 which is EMS

Last edited:

NFR85

. Dupe post

NFR85

TG: 2049 is Fire Dispatch confirmed
TG: 2073 is Fire Channel 10

Last edited:

n1das

When will the new frequency information for Nashua Nh be posted?

Frequencies for the new system have already been posted months ago in the RRDB.
City of Nashua Trunking System, Nashua, New Hampshire - Scanner Frequencies

It's the talkgroup IDs on the system that we're trying to confirm. So far the TGIDs on the new system appear to be the TG # on the old system divided by 16. For example, NPD TAC-1 on the old system was 49168 and the talkgroup ID for the same talkgroup on the new system is 49168 / 16 = 3073.

I have both systems programmed into my 396xt. The new system is programmed as a Motorola P25 system. I don't have the scanner in front of me to say exactly what it's called in a Uniden scanner. I did not have to enter any custom trunking table to get it to work. It just worked immediately. I also did not program any specific TGs. I use ID SEARCH instead of ID SCAN to find TGs. I'm too lazy to program specific TGIDs for ID SCAN and I want to be on the lookout for new TGIDs when they pop up.

I do notice my reception suffers from simulcast distortion and it makes the P25 audio cut out sometimes. Our scanners don't handle simulcast systems very well. I also live within walking distance of one of the sites.

Last edited:

NFR85

EMS has fully changed over. However there are some communications on the fire side on both new & old

ronhl

Ok, I got my pro-106 up and running on this.
After entering the 7 freq's I set system for P25 auto, band plan is n/a
I'm using a bunch of wildcards and store them as they hit on the TGs
P25 audio is excellent, loud and clear
They are using full encryption on 1 PD TG that I eventually locked out
I'll log TGs soon, I'm downtown but so far, so good....��

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is not likely to be a switch over all at once. As new radios are installed in vehicles, those units will start operating on the new system. Eventually, all of the radios will be on the new system and at some point all of the frequencies on the old system will be transitioned over to the new system. Then the old system will go silent.

That's what's happening in Worcester as they transition from their EDACS system to the new P25 system.

Did NFR make the switch today as planned?? I haven't been able to listen yet. Also, when the switchover happens, is it just a matter of telling everybody to switch over to a new zone already programmed into their radios? If not, are the TGs on the new system (ID 5C6) patched to the corresponding TGs on the old system (ID 7C25) while radios are being reprogrammed or swapped out?

I witnessed the rebanding of the old system as it happened. I also recall the migration from the legacy conventional analog systems over to the now "old" 800 system when it was new back in 2001.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

n1das

There is not likely to be a switch over all at once. As new radios are installed in vehicles, those units will start operating on the new system. Eventually, all of the radios will be on the new system and at some point all of the frequencies on the old system will be transitioned over to the new system. Then the old system will go silent.

That's what's happening in Worcester as they transition from their EDACS system to the new P25 system.

OK thanks. That's how I figured it would be done.

Tonight I was listening on my 396xt and also on the online feed on my phone. I found I was missing some traffic on my 396xt. My 396xt was briefly stopping on channels and showing the TGID but had no audio and then resumed scanning. I then heard the missed traffic on the online feed. I originally programmed the 7 freqs listed in the RRDB for the new system (5C6). Tonight I found the remaining freqs for the old system (7C25) are now in use on the new system (5C6). I added the 3 remaining freqs on the old system to my programming for the new system. It seems to be working better now.

Tonight I confirmed 851.6000 and 851.7750 previously on the old system are now in use on the new system. I submitted info to the RRDB.

Is it possible that the new system is using the same radio hardware as the old system?? Different control channels are in use but are the voice channels shared between systems during the changeover and using the same radio hardware at the repeater site(s)?? It seems like the system controller at the repeater sites could be smart enough to function as the controller for both systems during the changeover. A re-configuring of the controller to eliminate the old system functionality would be all it takes to make the old system go silent after the changeover is done.

Last edited:

ecps92

As the new system was brought on-line, they began to slowly take the frequencies (might even be some new - haven't looked at the FCC) from the old system and moved them to the new system

Just like TG's, even the Frequencies in-use need to be validated then submitted.

Nashua should be a good LEARNING experience for NH listeners, to be prepared to do this again, when Manchester goes from EDACS to....

Probably the best would be for some folks to run Unitrunker and capture more of the data

OK thanks. That's how I figured it would be done.

Tonight I was listening on my 396xt and also on the online feed on my phone. I found I was missing some traffic on my 396xt. My 396xt was briefly stopping on channels and showing the TGID but had no audio and then resumed scanning. I then heard the missed traffic on the online feed. I originally programmed the 7 freqs listed in the RRDB for the new system (5C6). Tonight I found the remaining freqs for the old system (7C25) are now in use on the new system (5C6). I added the 3 remaining freqs on the old system to my programming for the new system. It seems to be working better now.

Tonight I confirmed 851.6000 and 851.7750 previously on the old system are now in use on the new system. I submitted info to the RRDB.

Is it possible that the new system is using the same radio hardware as the old system?? Different control channels are in use but are the voice channels shared between systems during the changeover and using the same radio hardware at the repeater site(s)?? It seems like the system controller at the repeater sites could be smart enough to function as the controller for both systems during the changeover. A re-configuring of the controller to eliminate the old system functionality would be all it takes to make the old system go silent after the changeover is done.

n1das

Time to fire up Unitrunker and look at some data. I've been really busy at work lately and haven't had much time to play radio. The 396xt seems to be working better now that I added all freqs from the old system into the new system programming. I have both systems programmed in my 396xt.

NFR85

If anyone on this fourm has BCD436HP please private message me I'm having trouble with my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.